Job Type: Full-time
Location: Canton, NC
Post Date: 1/1/1970
- Manage the Analytical lab which is responsible for analytical and testing work related to new product development, modifications to existing products, and analytical work on other products. Includes the lab budget management and all regulatory requirements.
- Actively participate in lab work with high level of competency in the technical knowledge and skills required of the lab chemists. This includes the standard TAPPI lab conditions and paper testing as well as GC Mass spec, and gas permeation testing, surface and transmission spectroscopy, and other general lab techniques.
Manage the Lab website and lab request system.
- Knowledgeable in lab safety and compliance requirements.
- Acquisition of strong knowledge of the EPI product characteristics and methods of analysis.
- Ability to ascertain the nature of typical problems and proper analytical technics to be used.
- Ensure timely profe3ssional lab reports consistent with high professional standards appropriate for the application.
- Ability to work effectively with a range of people from NPD project managers to paper mill quality engineers, sales, and the occasional customer or executive contact.
- Strong goal orientation and work ethic while maintaining high ethical standards.
- Ability to lead the lab personnel effectively and build a strong lab reputation for excellence.
- Minimum 4 years experience in a lab dealing with Paper Products, minimum 8 years total experience post graduate.
- BS Chemistry or paper chemistry, masters in some form of chemistry is preferred.
- Good written & verbal skills for general communications of technical information with peers, customers and executives. Ability to explain complex technical information in a clear understandable manner to non–technical personnel.
- Fluent in standard office software and in particular MS Excel.
- Demonstrates high standards of work and ability to help others achieve the same.
- Proven ability to rapidly absorb and implement new technology.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Evergreen Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.