Lead Human Resource Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Location: Plant City, FL
Post Date: 11/30/2017
This position serves as liaison between Human Resources and Manufacturing to assist with employee related issues requiring expertise in employee relations and company policy matters. The position is responsible for administering human resource practices and objectives for the Converting Operations, which will create business value through strategic management of the workforce while aligning Human Resources and the Business strategy. This includes facilitating an employee oriented, high performance culture emphasizing empowerment, job certification, quality, productivity / standards, goal attainment and the recruitment / development of a superior workforce.
- Support high performance improvement through work systems by providing adequate support for training on both technical and non-technical skills, coaching team members on development, and facilitating teams in the areas of process improvement, cost reduction and customer focus.
- Develop, communicate, and oversee related processes to ensure a successful employee relations environment. Proactively develop processes for identifying and managing employee relations issues, while working closely with the Facility Management Team to support initiatives and policy compliance.
- Answers questions from hourly and salary employees concerning employee relations strategies and company policies.
- Assists in the administration & development of Union Free Strategies.
- Investigate employee complaints and recommend remedies to Front Line Leaders and Managers. Report findings to Human Resource Director.
- Assists with the development and administration of programs, procedures and guidelines to help align the workforce with the strategic goals of the company.
- Ensure compliance with employment and labor laws.
- Development of an employee-oriented company culture that emphasizes safety, quality, throughput, continuous improvement and high performance.
- Conduct disciplinary/complaint investigations.
- Attract, select, retain, assess and train potential and current employees.
- Organize and conduct new hire orientations.
- Process and administer personnel actions within Human Resource and Payroll Information Systems.
- Maintain accurate data by following specific system processes.
- Develop and administer performance management and improvement systems.
- Support plant safety by engaging in specific initiatives, investigations and training.
- Drives strategic and tactical planning in organizational development, culture, and capability development and performance management.
- Develop, improve and administer comprehensive training programs to accomplish facility objectives.
- Act as Facility EEO Administrator responsible for facilitating the Affirmative Action Plan, conducting biannual reviews of the EEO policy with all team members, investigating and responding to all suspected violations of the EEO policy, and supporting the company's diversity initiative.
- Investigate unemployment claims and represent the company at unemployment hearings.
- 4-year undergraduate degree from an accredited university in Human Resources, Business Administration or a related field required
- Master’s Degree preferred
- SPHR/PHR Certification and/or SHRM – CP/SCP desired
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a manufacturing environment
- Experience in a Union Free Environment, a plus
- Ability to consistently levy company policies & procedures
- Manage the complaint process
- Energetic and dynamic with excellent presentation and communication skills
- Comfortable and proficient at speaking in front of a group
- Work Systems and Change Management
- Organizational Design, manufacturing excellence and business planning skills
- Problem solving skills
- Ability to motivate
- Results driven
- Ability to relocate for promotional opportunities
- Ability to lead, build consensus and work within a team environment
- Experienced in organizational development, talent management, succession planning and employee development
- Demonstrated efficiency and working knowledge of Electronic Human Resource Information System, Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Evergreen Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.