Job Type: Full-time
Location: Waynesville, NC
Post Date: 1/1/1970
Manage the daily activities for the Distribution Center and Truck Operations Groups of the Product Services Department. Direct the activities of hourly employees on safety, loading, inventory issues in the Distribution Center. Ensure inventory accuracies for the Distribution Center. Direct the maintenance and efficiency of the truck operations. Communicate logistics concerns, recommendations, and best practices to TMS, Customer Service, Mill Operations and Corporate Logistics.
Specific Job Duties:
- Manage the daily activities for the employees of the Distribution Center and Truck Operations in Product Services to insure that the movement and distribution of product is done in a safe and efficient manner. Train and develop personnel in job duties, safety requirements, team concepts, etc. to improve the overall effectiveness of the group.
- Collaborate with the customer service and carrier partners on daily and weekly load balance. Daily monitoring of shipments planned for current and upcoming days.
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of the business (customer requirements, operational requirements, and carrier capabilities).
- Serve as the secondary contact for local carrier management, including carrier issue resolution and on boarding
Monitor carrier issues around OTIFNE and freight claims.
- Secondary backup for daily freight correct.
- Aid in invoice reconciliation for outbound railroad shipments for both Canton and Waynesville.
- Manage semi-annual cycle counts for the Distribution Center.
- Coordinate maintenance and procurement for Distribution Center.
- Manage Truck Operations maintenance contractor activities to ensure DOT compliance on all equipment.
- Coordinate with leasing provider to ensure all trucks are serviced and maintained to guarantee maximum truck availability.
- Coordinate other contractor activities within Truck Operations (Tires, Pressure Washing).
- Monitor spending for both Distribution Center and Truck Operations.
- Assist in managing Paper Loading, Board Loading, and Roll Storage as needed. Manage those areas when the regular manager is absent.
- Participate and support departmental Manufacturing Excellence initiatives.
- Participate and support the Mill Health and Safety Committee.
- Provide technical assistance and reports to sales, production, accounting, systems and other areas as needed. Assist in developing training for the various areas.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent experience
- Supervisory skills
- Communication skills both active and inactive
- Knowledge of inventory practices and procedures
- Knowledge of the OptiVISION system
- Ability to work alone or in a team environment as necessary
- Knowledge of labor agreement and EEOC regulations
- Ability to manage multiple tasks
- Knowledge of business and management principles
- Management experience
- Labor relations experience
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Evergreen Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.