Job Type: Full-time
Location: Canton, NC
Post Date: 1/1/1970
Manage and lead the hourly maintenance employees to meet the safety, environmental, production, quality and cost goals Recovery Boiler, Causticizing and Utility areas of the maintenance department. This position is responsible for labor relations, quality, production, cost improvement and performance measurement of production.
- Ensure a safe work environment for employees and through leadership instill an employee involved safety approach.
- Supervise, direct, and coordinate the mechanical maintenance employees engaged in maintenance activities in the department.
- Insure that hourly maintenance employees are trained, knowledgeable and that they adhere to mill safety policies and regulations.
- Responsible for effective employee relations. Provides employee coaching and development. Resolves employee issues through problem resolution and contract language. Ensure hourly employees have proper training and tools to meet department goals.
- Coordinate with Production in preparing maintenance outages, daily work schedules and preventative maintenance activities and insuring proper manning to execute.
- Coordinate outside contractors and consultants as needed to ensure reliability is maintained and to address manpower deficiencies.
- Drive continuous improvement through reliability efforts and root cause failure analysis.
- Coordinate maintenance spending with operations and maintenance superintendent to adhere to budget. Assist in the development of yearly maintenance plan.
- Manage timekeeping, vacation scheduling, and other activities as they arise.
- Fill vacancies of the area maintenance planner and the area maintenance superintendent.
- Develop operating, process, and reliability improvements through innovation.
- Manage and coordinate project work involving external contractors.
- Leadership: a demonstrated ability to lead people and get results through others.
- Supervisory skills.
- Ability to balance and achieve positive results in the areas of safety, quality, productivity, cost, and employee relations.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Strong team player.
- Knowledge of production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture of product.
- Knowledge of business and management principles.
- Must have a technical 4 year degree - BSME or BSEE preferred.
- Working knowledge of equipment used to operate recovery boilers, lime kilns, black liquor evaporators, TRS incineration systems, black liquor oxidation, and tall oil acidulation.
- Proficient in basic computer skills and Microsoft Office applications and use of Internet to search.
- Prior supervisory experience with an hourly work force in a union work environment.
- Working knowledge of JDE maintenance workflow software or similar.
- Working knowledge of Results Oriented Reliability and Maintenance Programs.
- Working knowledge of PI and or Process Book for operational monitoring and equipment troubleshooting.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Evergreen Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.