Job Type: Full-time
Location: Memphis, TN
Post Date: 1/1/1970
We are hiring a Content Writer to join our talented marketing team and help us build a robust digital platform and develop key metrics that support our corporate goals. The ideal candidate understands the power of words and the dynamics involved in communicating across all channels—creating engaging copy for digital advertising, emails, web, video, social media and thought leadership pieces/research reports. S/he is experienced in B2B marketing strategy and tactics and can help us position our products favorably in a competitive market environment and raise awareness around key aspects of sustainable forestry and packaging.
- Work with the Director of Marketing to help define and execute content strategy for the organization
- Participate in industry and consumer digital conversations and prepare trend reports to identify messaging opportunities
- Distill research reports into compelling key messages
- Plan and execute editorial calendars across media
- Write content copy for blogs, thought leadership whitepapers, emails, social media posts, research reports, website copy, digital ads, press releases and other formats
- Work with marketing strategy and creative teams on concept development for ongoing and seasonal campaigns
- Assist marketing team with the execution of various key initiatives
- BA/BS degree in Professional Writing, Marketing Communications, Journalism or similar
- 5+ years of content writing experience
- Familiarity with sustainability and FTC Green Guides a plus
- Experience writing for B2B audiences in all digital and some traditional mediums including websites, social channels, email, print
- Ability to write in different voices tailored to unique audiences while maintaining brand integrity – ranging from less formal, witty and compelling content for social media, blogs and email to more formal, data-driven language for thought leadership and research reports
- Proficient in MS Office Suite (Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint, Microsoft Outlook)
- Able to use blogging and CMS platforms such as WordPress and Tumblr
- Understanding of best practices of search engine optimization, SEO
- Proactive, self-starter attitude
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Evergreen Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.