Technical Services Supervisor
Job Type: Full-time
Location: Pine Bluff, AR
Post Date: 1/1/1970
Reporting to the Quality Manager, the Technical Services Supervisor will supervise overall lab operations, work proactively with operations to ensure adherence to established specifications, and will work to facilitate our relationship with internal and external customers. Will work to allow consistent, quality production flow across all departments of the mill on a 24/7 basis.
- Supervises overall lab operations.
- Assists with outage support on an as needed basis.
- Works proactively for customer satisfaction by ensuring quality compliance.
- Effectively completes root cause analysis and corrective action investigation on quality related issues.
- Occasional travel may be required.
- Monitors Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) to identify trends and help correct to ensure product quality.
- Effectively uses Key Operating Parameters (KOP’s) to ensure quality of product on a daily basis.
- Collects, analyzes, and interprets data and makes logical recommendations based on analysis.
- Collaborates with engineers, managers, and operations personnel as needed.
- Effectively works independently as well as in a team environment.
- Supports Manufacturing Excellence and Cost Per Ton initiatives.
- Other job duties assigned by management.
- B.S. Engineering, Paper Science Engineering, Chemistry, or other technical degree required
- Quality or production related experience in an industrial / manufacturing setting preferred
- Desire and capability to work in manufacturing for a long-term career
- Six Sigma/Lean Manufacturing experience beneficial
- Prefer hands-on assignments. Expect to spend 50% of time out in the mill
- Exhibit excellent interpersonal & communications skills
- Highly self-motivated, but able to work effectively in a team environment
- Superior computer skills (MS Office, PI, SAP, Elixir/Majiq, Mini-tab, etc.)
- Willingness to teach and train others
- Proven leadership skills
- Good interpersonal & communications skills
- Positive attitude toward workplace safety
- Strong time management skills
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Evergreen Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.