Process Supervisor - Pulp Mill
Job Type: Full-time
Location: Canton, NC
Post Date: 1/25/2018
Manage and lead the resources on shift to meet safety, environmental, production, quality and cost goals of the Pulp Manufacturing department and the Canton Mill.
- Manage, direct and coordinate the activities of employees engaged in production on assigned shift to meet production goals.
- Meet production goals by balancing quality, productivity, performance, cost, safety, environmental, and morale to achieve positive results in all areas
- Ensure all employees are knowledgeable of and adhere to mill safety policies and regulations.
- Responsible for effective employee relations. Provides employee coaching and development. Resolves employee issues through problem resolution. Ensure hourly employees have proper training and tools to meet department.
- Work with other departments, shifts, and direct reports to achieve team attitude among crew and peers.
- Scheduling of both #1 and #2 Fiberline weekly schedules for posting on Thursday of each week.
- Initiate and follow up work orders in J.D. Edwards to provide communication to maintenance department of mechanical and E & I issues.
- Tracking and development of temporary and permanent set up documentation and seniority lists for department.
- BS degree in either Chemical Engineering, Pulp & Paper, Mechanical Engineering
- Leadership: a demonstrated ability to lead people and get results through others.
- Supervisory skills
- Ability to balance and achieve positive results in the areas of safety, quality, productivity, cost and employee relations.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Strong team player
- Knowledge of production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture of product
- Knowledge of business and management
- Basic knowledge of SAP system
- Fairly proficient in Microsoft Excel and Word
- Must have above average troubleshooting skills
- Need to be willing to document all aspects of daily operation.
- Working knowledge of batch digesters, brownstock washing, bleach plant operations and chlorine dioxide generation
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Evergreen Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.