Job Type: Full-time
Location: Plant City, FL
Post Date: 1/1/1970
1. Move pallets to and from storage or production areas, loading docks, delivery vehicles, by hand or using trucks, or other equipment.
2. Stage pallets, if necessary, before loading.
3. Attach identifying tags to pallets or mark them with identifying information.
4. Read hot sheets, BOL or receive oral instructions to determine work assignments or material or equipment needs..
5. Install protective devices, such as bracing, padding, or strapping, to prevent shifting or damage to items being transported.
6. Perform cycle counts.
7. Perform SQF cleaning as required.
8. Maintain storage areas to ensure that inventory is easily accounted for.
9. Use RF gun to ensure proper product, track inventory.
10. Other duties as assigned.
Specific Safety Responsibilities:
1. Report any unsafe conditions that are encountered.
2. Report any injury or near miss to Team Leader immediately.
3. Do not perform a duty that appears to be unsafe without consulting a Team Leader.
4. Recognize hazards of the job and learn how to avoid them.
5. Follow BJAs and SOPs.
6. Observe all Safety Rules.
7. Wear safety equipment and protective devices as required: steel-toe shoes, hearing protection, cut-gloves, harness, etc.
8. Keep work area clean and uncluttered.
9. Conduct safe behavior observation on a weekly basis, 4 a month are required.
Specific SQF Responsibilities:
1. Adhere to the Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) policy.
2. Every Evergreen team member has a responsibility for ensuring the products we produce are safe and of good quality.
3. Personally act with behaviors consistent with achieving and maintaining Safe Quality Foods certification.
4. Behavior in the facility, and on equipment, shall not compromise the food safety goals.
5. Follow responsibilities for this job description on make ready, start up, or change over/line clearance procedure.
6. Do not run unsafe product.
7. Support the goal of producing a food safe product by following all programs, policies, SOPs as well as GMPs.
8. Report and/or fix problem that creates a Food Safety Hazard.
9. Place suspect product on precautionary hold.
Specific Functional Responsibilities:
1. Climbing off and on forklift (height of 3 feet)
2. Looking over shoulder to right and left while reversing or driving backwards with load
3. Operate right handed operating controls (little pressure required but frequent grabbing of controls
4. Sitting on forklift for 8 to 12 hours
5. Changing battery (max. 3116lbs) (using hoist) may require some upper body control of swinging battery (abs and shoulders)
6. Looking up to 45 degrees tilting neck back when pulling orders, and putting pallet in racks
7. Going up and down stairs
8. Driving over ramps and dock plates - some jarring to back
9. Restacking pallets of 48lb cases from floor to above shoulder height
10. Moving wooded pallets up to 50lbs
11. Sweeping warehouse
12. Cleaning outside warehouse
13. Going up and down ramps with forklift
14. Tagging pallets -placing tickets on pallets , reaching over shoulder height (about 6ft vertical)
15. The team member is required to be able to perform the above tasks, with or without reasonable accommodation.
16. Bending, squatting, reaching
17. Significant walking on concrete floor
Evergreen Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Video: Join Our Team