Job Type: Full-time
Location: Memphis, TN
Post Date: 1/1/1970
We are recruiting a Manager of Financial Reporting to manage the Company’s external financial reporting for our subsidiaries Evergreen Packaging (“EPI”) and Closure Systems International (“CSI”).
Overall, the Manager of Financial Reporting will provide the necessary leadership and coordination of the Company's financial reporting function for EPI and CSI. This position will report to the Company’s Director of Financial Reporting and work from the Company's headquarters in Memphis, TN. This role will interact with the CFOs, Controllers, and Financial Planning & Analysis departments, within those entities.
Other key responsibilities will include:
· Coordinate the monthly consolidation process using Hyperion Financial Management and subsequent reporting to the Company’s investor group. This position will be required to work collaboratively with Rank and Reynolds Group Holdings, Ltd executives and to ensure the reporting is in compliance with internal and external requirements.
· Provide oversight of the Company’s financial statements to ensure accurate accounting and financial reporting.
· Perform analytical reviews of the Company’s financial statements (vs prior year, budget, trend, etc.) and investigate and provide explanations on identified variances.
· Provide guidance as it relates to technical accounting issues. Document the position the Company has taken, citing relevant IFRS literature.
· Develop and implement the necessary accounting policies and procedures with an overall focus on driving efficiencies through effective use of the accounting systems.
The successful candidate will be a versatile finance leader with exceptional technical experience, a hands-on and high-energy style, and a knack for collaborating with a senior leadership team. The candidate will have a demonstrated ability to identify improvement opportunities and drive change through process improvement in an organization of relevant scale. He or she must demonstrate great communication skills, and be able to provide quick, accurate and commercially reasonable advice to the Management Team. The preferred candidate will have experience with multinational companies and a sound understanding of manufacturing finance operations. The ideal candidate will have at least five years of experience in senior-level finance roles with a focus on financial reporting. First-movers from the public accounting experienced manager ranks are encouraged to apply.
Other key qualifications include:
· Strong technical acumen, as well as strong business acumen exhibited through interface with business and functional leaders at a senior level. IFRS knowledge would be a significant plus.
· Deep knowledge of automated financial and accounting reporting systems is an advantage.
· Strong written and verbal communication skills as well as outstanding interpersonal and influence capabilities. This role will have experience in motivating teams to produce high quality work within tight time frames. This role must have demonstrated experience in managing a large workload with multiple, competing priorities.
· Educationally, the successful candidate should hold a Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting, as well as have a CPA license and, ideally, "big four" accounting experience.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
GEC Packaging Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
NOTICE TO RECRUITMENT AGENCIES:
GEC Packaging Technologies is not accepting unsolicited resumes from agencies and/or search firms for any job postings on this site. Resumes submitted to any GEC Packaging Technologies employee by a third party agency and/or search firm without a valid written and signed search agreement, will become the sole property of GEC Packaging Technologies. No fee will be paid if a candidate is hired for a position as a result of an unsolicited agency or search firm referral.
Video: Join Our Team