Job Type: Full-time
Location: Plant City, FL
Post Date: 1/1/1970
The Plant Manager is the highest on-site official, responsible for overall profitability, efficiency, cost management, quality, safety, environmental compliance, customer satisfaction, organizational design, work system improvement, and workplace culture development of the facility. Includes the management of all production and support functions: printing, sealing, master planning, scheduling, maintenance, pre-press and plate making, shipping and warehouse. Responsible for location financial and capital planning, control of conversion costs to achieve profit objectives (cost per ton), establishment of plan staffing requirements, inventory control and plant purchasing. Also responsible for maintaining a positive labor relations climate, as well as being responsible for the establishment of location policies and procedures in conformance with corporate strategy and objectives.
- Enforce all location and company safety and health rules and regulations and environmental standards at the Plant City facility.
- Provide leadership that supports the “workplace culture enhancement process” throughout the hourly and salaried workforce and coordinate changes in methods and procedures to improve profitability and operational performance. Work “on the process” as well as “in the process” to drive continuous improvement in Safety, Quality, Waste, Throughput and Earnings.
- Develop and implement systems and frameworks through which all employees work, make business decisions, and deliver business results.
- Develop and maintain customer relationships to ensure business goals are met.
Continually evaluate portfolio for profitability improvement.
- Develop annual operating plan (operating budget) and capital spending plan with financial justifications. Maintain annual plant spending within approved plan level.
- Coordinate activities between outside sales and service engineers, customers, inside sales service scheduling, manufacturing and shipping to ensure maximum plant effectiveness and efficient order processing to meet customer requirements and enhance customer satisfaction.
- Order raw materials to support annual operating plan. Provide employees to support production volume.
- Oversee the evaluation, training and development of all location employees to enhance career goals, retention, succession planning and performance improvement.
- 4-year degree in Engineering, Paper Science, Business Administration or related field and/or equivalent experience. Technical Undergraduate Degree and MBA preferred.
- 4+ total years of experience in Leadership roles within a manufacturing environment including direct first-line leadership responsibility for hourly teams
- Management of Lead Managers experience and skills
- Organizational design, LEAN and Business planning skills
- Communication, interpersonal and problem solving skills
- Computer literate in company systems
- Communication and interpersonal skills
- Problem solving skills
- Ability to motivate, train and delegate responsibility
- Ability to lead, build consensus and work within a team environment
- Initiate and manage change
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Evergreen Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.