Area Manager #20 Paper Machine
Job Type: Full-time
Location: Canton, NC
Post Date: 2/7/2018
We’re looking for a key strategic team member who can help us utilize the extraordinary strengths of highly talented Evergreen Packaging associates who support our world-class customers, retailers and eco-conscious consumers. The ideal candidate will be an excellent collaborator and have demonstrated strong capabilities needed to lead the area operations.
The Area Manager manages operations and team members on the paper machine to meet goals for Safety, Quality, Cost, Environmental Compliance, and Production. The Area Manager is responsible for the performance of the Team and the success of the department.
- Responsible for leading employees and the performance of the area in meeting goals for Safety, Quality, Cost, Environmental Compliance, and Production.
- Must be able to work with minimum supervision and make decisions to meet daily production needs.
Monitors and manages the development of the employees in the area.
- Responsible for setting direction, identifying priorities, coordinating the activities of other departments as it relates to the area performance, and managing the operating budget for the area.
- Interfaces with and helps set direction for the area maintenance organization to ensure proper use and care of equipment in the area.
- Addresses issues impacting performance and expeditiously engaging outside resources as needed.
- Communicates to all levels of the organization as needed and participates with Superintendents from other areas of the mill to coordinate activities.
- Assists with any Company activities as needed at the direction of the Business Unit Manager.
- Bachelor's degree in Science or related field from an accredited university
- Degree in Chemical Engineering, Pulp & Paper Science or Mechanical Engineering preferred
- 5 years Pulp & Paper Industry experience
- Specific knowledge in pulp and paper operations highly preferred
- Basic knowledge of SAP, PI, or other business operating systems
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access
Proven leadership skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Able to work well with individuals at all levels of the organization in a team setting
- Organized approach to work and ability to deal with multiple competing priorities to make appropriate decisions
- Able to convey a sense of urgency and drive to perform to the organizations goals
- Experience managing employees in a union environment
- High leadership potential with the ability and the desire to be promoted in the organization
- Strong troubleshooting skills with the ability to assess risk and determine the best path forward to minimize business impact
- Demonstrated ability to lead people and get results through others by developing working relationships at all levels of the organization
- Must be a confident communicator, (including both written and verbal) and the ability to effectively present to all levels of the organization; strong executive presence required
- Strong influence and interpersonal skills
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects with strong ability to influence in a large organization. Strong project management skills required for success. Ability to manage and balance competing priorities, while achieving positive results in the areas of safety, quality, productivity, cost and employee relations
- Strong team player
- High integrity and ability to build trusting relationships
- Excellent organizational skills
- High sense of urgency to deliver results
- Ability to resolve conflict in a constructive manner
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Evergreen Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.