Business Process Improvement Engineer
Job Type: Full-time
Location: Athens, GA
Post Date: 2/21/2018
The Business Process Improvement Manager is responsible for implementing process improvement projects within the business. The BPIM facilitates change management and leads subject matter experts to increase customer satisfaction levels and business productivity using process improvement methodology and tools. The position requires knowledge of basic statistics, comparative analysis and the ability to work with teams/people that may not have experience in process improvement. The qualified candidate will be responsible for the development of a process improvement program that will show measurable results in process efficiency, customer satisfaction and financial savings in all areas of the organization.
- Implement process improvement projects within the business to improve business results and increase customer satisfaction.
- Take total responsibility for projects assigned, create timelines, and manage all program elements including proactive communications regarding initiatives. Keep management within Leadership & Career Development informed.
- Work with team members to create open communications, share information and knowledge, and maintain a positive working environment. Work on other programs and projects in Leadership as time and the business dictate.
- Facilitate change management and lead subject matter experts to increase customer satisfaction levels and business productivity using process improvement methodology and tools.
- Work with Finance to quantify, document and monitor financial benefits of improvement projects.
- Establish control systems to maintain the gains achieved. These systems to include financial, quality and business control.
- Deliver and help write training programs to support continuous improvement.
- Mentor/coach/support other Business Improvement Leaders and management through share groups, facilitation and project management.
- Support process improvement imitative metrics by providing reports and information on project status and results as required.
- Ensure that all requirements of SQF Level II Code are being administered and adhered to.
- Participate in food safety internal audits.
- BS degree in Engineering - Mechanical, Electrical, Chemical or Paper Science is required.
- 5 to 15 years of business experience ideally in a high volume manufacturing environment.
- Previous experience managing manufacturing, quality or operations in a leadership role is highly preferred.
- Ability to work with production data, capacity limitations, inventory control, and conversion factors, etc.
- General knowledge of engineering and manufacturing processes including machine output capabilities and limitations in each department.
- Ability to direct and coordinate the efforts of others.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Evergreen Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.