Area Manager Maintenance #19
Job Type: Full-time
Location: Canton, NC
Post Date: 1/1/1970
Provide leadership and management of all the maintenance, technical and human resource functions for the #19 Board Machine that will insure safe, reliable, and cost effective operations.
- Ensure all safety policies and practices are implemented across responsible areas. Maintain high levels of accountability with subordinates for full compliance of safety actions, training or policy changes that will support attainment of safety goals for the department. Actively participate in a leadership role in attainment of safety goals identified for the mill.
- Develop, implement or maintain effective maintenance practices that provide high levels of equipment run ability and efficiency. Monitor preventive maintenance practices, outage planning, contract service effectiveness, and scheduled work execution that attains operating plan targets.
- Monitor and analyze all maintenance spending for responsible areas. Develop yearly budgets that supports asset reliability while maintaining cost control. Communicate with and involve area management in monthly maintenance spending goals, variances, and contingency plans that support adherence to approved budgets.
- Direct or oversees any modifications to equipment or systems that would improve reliability or cost effectiveness of paper manufacturing areas.
- Develop plans for personal growth and improved job performance for all salary employees under direct area of responsibility.
- Be knowledgeable of and participate in resolving company/union disputes as related to the Maintenance Department.
- Develop long-term strategies for maintenance organization to align with future goals of operations.
- Collaborate with Operations to solve run ability issues.
- Build Teams.
- Facilitate meetings.
- Drive reliability practices.
- BA/BS degree in mechanical, electrical or related field or equivalent experience
- 5 to 10 years experience with Board Machines
- 5 years experience in management supervision
- 5 years experience in maintenance/engineering
- 2 years proven experience as a maintenance supervisor on a board machine
- High level of knowledge in advanced asset reliability techniques and practices
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Sound understanding of financial practices and cost measures/controls as they relate to maintenance
- Works well with teams and can take leadership roles effectively
- High potential for future job growth/promotions
- Conducts annual supervisor performance reviews
- Participates/recommends on hiring decisions for maintenance and operations groups
- Manages all expense maintenance spending for #19 Board Machine
- Recommends changes to storeroom stocking levels and inventory
- Recommends/evaluates new or existing equipment modifications
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Evergreen Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.