Area Manager - Paper Machine #19
Job Type: Full-time
Location: Canton, NC
Post Date: 1/1/1970
The Area Manager provides leadership and management in all areas of the #19 Board Machine. This role is accountable for department goals aligned to safety, quality, cost, environmental compliance, and production. The Area Manager is responsible for the performance of the operations personnel assigned to the area, including the Maintenance & Operations Coordinator, Shift Managers, and hourly employees. The ideal candidate will be technically oriented, detailed in approach, work well with people at all levels in the organization, and promotable to management positions in the company after building background and experience in our business.
- Directly accountable for the performance of the area and the success of the Team Members in meeting goals for safety, quality, cost, environmental compliance, and production. Must be able to work with minimum supervision and make decisions to meet performance requirements on a daily basis.
- Monitor and manage the development of employees in the area.
- Responsible for setting direction, identify priorities, coordinating the activities of other departments as it relates to the area performance, and manage the operating budget for the area.
- Address issues impacting performance expeditiously and getting outside resources involved as needed.
- Communicate to all levels of the organization as needed and participate with Area Managers from other areas of the mill to coordinate activities.
- Assist with any EPI organizational activities as needed in coordination with the Business Unit Manager.
- Administer policies and procedures within Company and legal guidelines. Coach work group to adapt to new ways of performing work.
- Manage costs by tracking expenses using monthly reports. Provide input into projected plans, conduct cost analysis and utilize cost factors to effectively make sound decisions, while identifying gaps.
- Schedule work for the daily activities of the groups to maximize available resources.
- BA/BS degree in mechanical, electrical or related field
- 5 to 10 years experience with Board Machines
- 5 years experience in management supervision
- 5 years experience in maintenance/engineering
- 2 years proven experience as a maintenance supervisor on a board machine
- High level of knowledge in advanced asset reliability techniques and practices
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Sound understanding of financial practices and cost measures/controls as they relate to maintenance
- Works well with teams and can take leadership roles effectively
- High potential for future job growth/promotions
- Conducts annual supervisor performance reviews
- Participates/recommends on hiring decisions for maintenance and operations groups
- Manages all expense maintenance spending for #19 Board Machine
- Recommends changes to storeroom stocking levels and inventory
- Recommends/evaluates new or existing equipment modifications
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Evergreen Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.