Job Type: Full-time
Location: Turlock, CA
Post Date: 1/1/1970
- Ensure all employees are knowledgeable of and adhere to Evergreen Packaging safety policies and procedures, as well as OSHA regulations.
- Organize, manage, direct the activities of employees assigned on shift to meet production goals and Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s).
- Analyze existing production procedures and propose a more effective course of action if necessary.
- Monitor various supplies to ensure quality is maintained at expected standards and reasonable cost.
- Train and evaluate employees in procedures that will result in quality of output, machine efficiency and employee safety meeting budgeted requirements. Develop and implement a training program for new employees and employees below expected performance levels.
- Evaluate equipment to ensure that mechanical deficiencies are reported to maintenance for prompt repair to prevent customer delays and quality problems.
- Evaluate raw materials such as board, corrugated adhesives, case markers, stretch wrap films, etc. to ensure customer requirements for quality and on time delivery.
- Communicate effectively with employees, peers, superiors, and staff personnel to ensure proper direction of efforts to ensure achievement of required results.
- Verify and approve work hours and pay rates utilizing the timekeeping systems.
- Responsible for effective employee relations. Provides employee coaching and development.
- Resolve employee issues through problem resolution.
- Ensure hourly employees have proper training and tools to meet department goals meet production goals by balancing quality, productivity, performance, cost, safety, environmental, and morale to achieve positive results in all areas of the department.
- Work with other departments, shifts and direct reports to achieve team attitude among crews and peers.
- Check work areas for safety hazards, conduct weekly safety meetings with department employees, communicate the status of orders, schedule departmental clean-ups, communicate with Quality Assurance Manager concerning all issues affecting quality (side seams, skiving issues, mixed loads, etc).
- Provide products and services that consistently meet the mutually agreed upon specifications of both our internal and external customers.
- Ensure that all requirements of SQF are being administered and adhered.
- Implement and maintain quality systems that ensure procedures and processes are in place to provide products that meet manufacturing specifications and customer requirements; provide tools for educating team members on quality standards and specifications for packaging; standardize quality test procedures and interpretation of results throughout the division; create a foundation and mechanism for process monitoring and continuous improvement. Involve team members in continuously improving the quality of our products and services, and the efficiency of operations and staff activities throughout the business.
- Leading quality improvement activities within their respective organizations.
- Responsible for assuring that the products produced within each manufacturing facility are safe and comply with all applicable federal, state, and international laws, regulations and guidelines.
- Required to follow the Turlock Facility Crisis Communication Plan anytime a crisis within an operation occurs involving a serious environmental, health and safety incident and/or a serious non-environmental health and safety incident.
- Prior to entering the processing area and/or handling any product it is required to wash hands with soap and water.
- Responsible for housekeeping in their work areas.
- Will produce safe, quality products that comply with all applicable federal, state, international laws, regulations and guidelines.
- Responsible for compliance with and adherence to all established good manufacturing practices, food safety plans and all applicable regulations and guidelines.
- 4 year degree is required with a technical undergraduate degree being the preference
- Thorough knowledge of sealing department operating process and procedures
- Thorough knowledge of safe quality food systems
- 5-7 years of operating experience
- Working knowledge of mechanical and electrical operations
- A demonstrated ability to lead people and get results through others
- Supervisory skills
- Ability to balance and achieve positive results in the areas of safety, quality, productivity
- Cost and employee relations
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and work well under pressure
- Strong team player
- Knowledge of production processes, quality control, costs and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture of product
- Knowledge of business and management principles
- Computer literate
- Knowledge of food safety requirements
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Evergreen Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.