Business Unit Manager - Manufacturing Excellence & Quality
Job Type: Full-time
Location: Pine Bluff, AR
Post Date: 1/1/1970
The Business Unit Manager - Manufacturing Excellence & Quality reports to the General Manager – Arkansas Operations and is a member of the Mill Lead Team. The successful candidate will lead and coordinate all ME activities for quality and efficiency improvement and waste reduction. S/He will develop the master plan for the Arkansas Mill for ME strategy, skill development and opportunity identification and will coaches facilitators, engineers, manufacturing leaders, and operators on Manufacturing Excellence with a focus on Quality. The success leader will track plant performance against KPI’s and redirects efforts as necessary.
- Responsible for the implementation, management, and execution of the Evergreen Packaging Manufacturing Excellence process.
- Develop ME master plan and project prioritization for the site. Ensure alignment of the plans with the strategic goal of the facility.
- Conduct reviews against plans with all levels of the organization on team performance against their plans and KPI’s.
- Works with management team to identify and build capabilities in team members and manages their development of Lean sigma skills.
- Will work with the ME corporate steering team to help shape the ME processes as well as external consultants. Will share best practices within EPI.
- Monitor, manage, and direct efforts as it relates to the quality of the paper and board products being manufactured at the mill.
- Have overall responsibility for maintaining Global Food Safety Certification (GFSI) and implementing HACCP (Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points) Programs at the Pine Bluff Mill.
- Manage the product development, new business development and process optimization efforts on the paper machines.
- Develop salaried quality employees to be full contributors to the mill efforts and provide options for succession planning.
- TPM/Six Sigma/LEAN experience (preferred)
- World Class Manufacturing experience highly preferred
- Demonstrated ability to implement new techniques and continuous improvement programs at all levels of manufacturing operations
- Planning and organizational skills – prioritization, resource allocation, multi-tasking.
- Project management skills
- Ability to balance and achieve positive results in the areas of safety, quality, productivity, cost and employee relations
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities
- Strong team player
- Knowledge of production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture of product
- Knowledge of business and management principles
- Knowledge of paper and/or board properties and how these relate to end use performance
- 4 year degree - Engineering focus preferred
- 5 years of experience managing in a manufacturing setting
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Evergreen Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.