Field Service Technician
Job Type: Full-time
Location: Oakland, CA
Post Date: 1/1/1970
The Field Service Technician provides technical service and support for customers who own and operate Evergreen Packaging Equipment. The technician is trained and knowledgeable to install, inspect, troubleshoot and service the equipment. The technician also trains the customer’s personnel on proper operating and maintenance techniques to ensure good packaging outputs.
- Conducts/controls service activities as assigned to ensure timely customer support and safety are achieved while meeting the budgeted goals and objectives for productivity and utilization.
- Communicates well with central scheduling, management, other departments and customers.
- Functions as the equipment service technician within the departmental team advising Evergreen Packaging Equipment (EPE) service management and/or engineering of any problems or situations with models of current or modified design.
- Provides learning experiences for both customer and EPE plant personnel on machine operation.
- Learns and grows skill sets and competencies to achieve both business and personal development objectives.
- Meets corporate business and team objectives for antitrust compliance, business information protection, EEO, safety, quality, ethical behavior and learning.
- Performs the job safely within an environment which the technician does not control.
- Maintains high performance of the paper packaging equipment to defend against the competition.
- Strong mechanical, electrical and pneumatic skills and knowledge.
- The ability to spend extended periods away from home – 75%
- Good people skills with strong verbal and written communications skills.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Ability to interface and demonstrate teamwork skills with internal and external associates and customers in all geographical parts of the world.
- The ability to travel internationally.
- Must be a confident communicator, (including both written and verbal English) and the have the ability to effectively present to all levels of the organization; strong executive presence required.
- Strong influence and interpersonal skills.
- Position requires employee live within 2 hours of Oakland, CA and will be servicing the areas of Oakland, Sacramento and San Francisco.
- Technical degree in mechanics or similar field of study.
- PLC Experience.
- A strong technical background with a good working knowledge of the packaging industry and operations.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Evergreen Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.