Production Manager - Candidate Identified
Job Type: Full-time
Location: Kalamazoo, MI
Post Date: 1/1/1970
The Production Manager is responsible for all manufacturing processes to include all facility operations, scheduling and maintenance support to ensure a safe environment, efficient operations, and to ensure that product quality meets customer requirements.
Specific Job Activities:
- Review and approve all purchases for the facility, from spare parts, varnish, rollers, to office supplies to meet or exceed budget. Track and control spending for operating supplies in order to meet and exceed budget guidelines. Use effective leadership to develop entrepreneurial culture across the entire organization.
- Lead and support the Production Supervisors in hiring, training, and developing press crews in order to print high quality product in a safe manner. Directly Lead Die Technicians and Print Unit Technicians. Supervise Plate Room, Ink Room and ALAR personnel as needed. Ensure that standards are met or exceeded in safety, quality, waste, utilization and costs.
- Lead and support the supervisors with hiring, training and developing the employees in sealing quality products in a safe manner. Ensure that standards are met or exceeded in safety, quality, waste and utilization.
- Responsible for strategic guidance to the plant scheduler to ensure equipment through put is maximized while meeting customer demand, scheduling preventative maintenance, equipment rebuilds, and process improvement activities. Work with the Production Scheduler, Customer Service, and Maintenance teams to facilitate all activities to meet or exceed budgeted goals.
- Work directly with the Maintenance Manager on planning, scheduling and training in support of the Maintenance Team. Ensure that equipment is inspected and repaired on a planned service schedule.
- Determine the staffing levels and ensure that all required teams are hired, trained and developed to support the manufacturing operation.
- Ensure all requirements of SQF Code 2000 are being administered and adhered to.
- Undertake operational duties as required, meet deadlines and/or cover for staff absence, filling gaps in resources in all areas.
- Work closely with HR to produce and review individual/team performance. Providing information and commentary on a regular basis.
- Oversee the evaluation, training and development of all employees to enhance career goals, retention and performance improvement.
- Ensure that the Collective Bargaining Agreement is being followed correctly.
- Check the suitability of materials and accuracy of all print operations during the production process.
- Review and make quality system recommendations to quickly respond and ensure that operations continue to run effectively.
- Ensure effective implementation of and ongoing compliance with Evergreen Quality Management System (QMS).
- Provide products and services that consistently meet the mutually agreed upon specifications of both our internal and external customers.
- Involve team members in continuously improving the quality of our products and services, and the efficiency of operations and staff activities throughout the business.
- Provide leadership and direction for achieving quality improvement by interpreting policy, recommending strategies, organizing resources, and assisting leaders in the development and implementation of improvement plans. The Production Manager will fill in as the Plant Manager in his/her absence.
- Produce safe, quality products that comply with all applicable federal, state, and international laws, regulations, and guidelines. Compliance will be assured by internal and external, third party audits and product testing.
- Participate in the yearly HAACP review.
- Education: 4 year degree in Engineering, Mathematics, Physics or Advanced Science required.
- 8+ total years of experience in Leadership roles within a manufacturing environment including:
- Direct first-line leadership responsibility for hourly teams
- Demonstrated ability to initiate and manage change
- Management of Salary Supervisors and other Lead Managers
- Ability to drive Employee Skills Development and Certification of Training and Performance Tasks
- Ability to implement LEAN Principles
- Ability to drive operational changes in order to meet financial requirements
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated proficiency in company IT/Computer systems
- Ability to motivate, train and delegate responsibility, including effective follow-up and record keeping
- Ability to lead, build consensus and work within a team environment
- Knowledge of Food Safety Requirements
- Ability to interpret and administer SQF Code 2000
- Competent in product legality, safety and quality
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Evergreen Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.