Job Type: Full-time
Location: Waynesville, NC
Post Date: 4/20/2018
Evergreen Packaging is conducting pre-screening for Multi-Craft General Mechanic jobs located in the Waynesville Extruder facility. The Multi-Craft General Mechanic positions can be based in a variety of locations within Extruder Facility based on the current openings the Company has.
Evergreen Packaging partners with the Haywood County NCWorks Career Center and all candidates must apply within the NCWorks process prior to applying on the Company Website.
Please contact the Haywood County NCWorks Career Center, 1170 N. Main Street, Waynesville NC 28786 828-456-6061 for a Pre-Screening Instruction Packet. You must complete the instruction packet with NCWorks prior to applying on the Company website.
If an individual does not follow the process by initially contacting NCWorks (formerly known as NC Employment Security Commission) for the pre-screening process, their application will not be considered.
Required Special Knowledge Skills:
• High school education and two-year degree in electrical-related field
• Minimum of three years of experience in electrical related field
• Must follow all plant safety rules
• Must be able to push or pull approximately fifty (50) pounds
• Must be able to work with other to accomplish tasks
• Must be capable of self-directed work or with minimal supervision
• Must be able and willing to work shifts
• Must be a good problem solver and possess good communication skills
Preferred Experience in:
• Have a working knowledge of PLC’s and VFD’s
• Have a working knowledge of the National Electrical Code
• Have a working knowledge of distributed control systems (DCS)
• Understand control strategies and their impact on the manufacturing process
• Should have good troubleshooting skills
• Needs to be able to work without close supervision
• Be able to weld
• Be able to pipe-fit
• Be able to make general mechanical and electrical repairs to equipment
• Have working knowledge of Hydraulics and Pneumatics
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Evergreen Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed,
age, national origin, physical or mental disability, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Video: Join Our Team