Account Manager - Carton
Job Type: Full-time
Location: Memphis, TN
Post Date: 5/15/2018
We are currently seeking an Account Manager, which will have responsibility to grow our Carton Sales business. The ideal candidate will have a demonstrated track record of identifying and commercializing opportunities, growing sales volume and revenue, managing relationships both internally and externally. Additionally, the role requires excellent organization and planning skills and the ability to work as part of a team within a matrix organization.
- Act as an Evergreen Packaging product consultant. This necessitates a strong understanding of our product offerings, customers’ needs, manufacturing capabilities, pricing, etc.
- Identifying, developing and managing new business opportunities to enable profitable sales growth. This can include identification, assessment and development of new products and other relevant product segments.
- Development and execution of sales strategies and plans for assigned accounts. This includes understanding many variables such as: corporate inputs for manufacturing costs, price assumptions, freight, other competitive factors, etc.
- Leading all price negotiations and customer value management within assigned accounts while maintaining customer price agreements.
- Identifying and implementing opportunities for profitability improvements which may include supply chain savings, service improvements, etc.
- Managing the complete customer relationship including all customer inquiries.
- Coordinating with manufacturing operations regarding customers’ needs and any quality issues and concerns.
- Extensive collaboration between Sales and Mill Operations teams regarding customer feedback.
- Understand and report market trends including demand, competitor activity and pricing.
- Understanding and compliance with all policies and legal requirements including antitrust code of conduct, and ethics requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree in required. Business or Sciences major is a plus
- 5+ years relevant experience in sales roles with focus on executing and sustaining growth, preferably in the packaging business
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, etc.)
- The ability to travel 50%. International travel may be required
- In depth knowledge of carton markets, products, end uses, customers and competitors is desirable
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Evergreen Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.