Job Type: Full-time
Location: Plant City, FL
Post Date: 1/1/1970
The Quality Supervisor is charged with the development of people and systems related to product quality to ensure product meets internal and external customer expectations. The Quality Supervisor will meet specifications through reductions of variance and continuous improvement of raw materials and internal process controls by reducing downtime, waste and incremental cost to increase company ROI. S/He will enhance product quality systems through feedback from external customers. TSRs and Quality Council. Provide key support in Product development and trials. Drive commitment to “doing it right the first time”. The Quality Supervisor plays a pivotal role in customer satisfaction and system improvement. S/He must be able to collect and analyze data, develop and/or adapt quality systems to drive operational excellence in the process and communicate to successfully gain buy-in across areas, plants and divisions. The role requires the ability to formulate and implement protocols and coordinate trials for new improved raw materials, regulatory compliance as well as new product implementation trial.
- Enforce all location safety and health rules and regulations and environmental standards.
- Provide leadership that supports the workplace culture improvement process throughout the hourly and salaried workforce and coordinate changes in methods and procedures to improve profitability and operational performance. Work “on the process” as well as “in the process” to drive continuous improvement in Safety, Quality, Waste, Throughput and Earnings.
- Perform role of SQF practitioner and maintaining level II SQF certification.
- Administration of the QMS, its requirements and documentation flow.
- Leading ME (Manufacturing Excellence) initiatives in the facility including leading project coordination and reporting four squares, tracking data and submitting all corporate reporting requirements. Mentoring other ME leads.
- Administration and Management of internal audits.
- Hourly/daily/weekly/monthly interface with department Managers, Supervisors, Hourly Team Members, internal and external business support people and Sales Team.
- Manage customer complaints and required internal/external communications, documentation and complete reconciliation of issues.
- Follow up and resolution of root cause analysis and corrective actions.
- Incoming employee QMS high level training.
- Quality training of inspectors and other team members.
- Develop and implement systems and frameworks through which all Team Members work, make business decisions and deliver business results.
- Responsible for reporting food safety problems and implement corrective action as required.
- Develop and maintain customer relationships to ensure business goals are met.
- Ensure effective implementation and on-going compliance with Evergreen Quality Management System (QMS).
- Provide products and services that consistently meet the mutually agreed upon specifications of both our internal and external customers.
- Involve team members in continuously improving the quality of our products and services, and the efficiency of operations and staff activities throughout the business.
- Responsible for providing resources and tools necessary for the development and implementation of quality and food safety systems.
- Provide leadership and direction for achieving quality improvement by interpreting policy, recommending strategies, organizing resources, and assisting leaders in the development and implementation of improvement plans.
- Produce safe, quality products that comply with all applicable federal, state, and international laws, regulations, and guidelines. Compliance will be assured by internal and external, third party audits and product testing.
- Lead SQF Practitioner. Ensure that all requirements of SQF Code are being administered and adhered to.
- Participate in the yearly HAACP review.
- Participate in monthly food safety internal audits.
- Assist in maintaining union-free status.
- A four year degree is required. A technical BS degree (Mechanical, or Electrical) is preferred.
- 5 to 10 years of experience in a high volume manufacturing environment with a focus on continuous improvement is required.
- Previous experience managing manufacturing, quality or operations in a leadership role is highly preferred.
- Ability to direct and coordinate the efforts of others.
- Excellent communication skills – written and verbal.
- Thorough knowledge of quality manufacturing systems.
- Strong financial acumen, with the ability to understand how quality affects the bottom line in a large manufacturing facility.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Evergreen Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.