Production Planning Assistant
Job Type: Full-time
Location: Plant City, FL
Post Date: 5/16/2018
Purpose of the job:
The key objective in this position is to provide the Production Planner Team Leader assistance in providing the customer with the best quality product, and yet do so cost effective to the company for a high return. This position is key in best effectively obtaining raw materials, compiling all of the needed resources, and putting together as cost effective as possible the end results. The impact on the business is significant when you look at total customer satisfaction, and yet, planning is cost reduced to the best efficiency possible. Key performance includes but not totally limited to safety, quality, quality productivity, efficiency, on time shipments, inventory levels and financial results.
- Assist the Production Planning Team Leader with daily tasks ensuring the needs of production are met.
- Understand each board grade and match to production orders to ensure quality products for customers
- Weekly and Daily production number charts issued to key personnel
- Assist with scheduling presses effectively for maximum utilization, low waste, and cost effectiveness
- Be able to be creative with scheduling to meet the changing customer demands through-out the year
- Plan schedules based on press crews, longest run times, and lowest waste numbers
- Ensure all cycles are submitted to all facilities, sales, customers, and in-house
- Must be able to deal in a high-stress position effectively with Customer Service, Customers, hourly Team Members, and Facility Lead Team.
- Participate when available in monthly food safety internal audits
- Participate in the yearly HAACP review
- Understand all facility reports and figures
- SAP power-user
- Support all SQF, safety, and quality regulations
- Assist in rescheduled shipments of product in event of stock recovery or recall
Education, Skills and/or Experience Required:
- Bachelors degree in Business Administration or related field and/or equivalent experience.
- Communication, interpersonal and problem solving skills
- Computer literate in company systems
- Communication and interpersonal skills
- Problem solving skills
- Ability to motivate, train and delegate responsibility
- Ability to lead, build consensus and work within a team environment
- Initiate and manage change
- Familiarity with SQF Code
- Proven leadership experience in a manufacturing environment totally geared at customer satisfaction.
- Knowledge of measurements relating to safety, production, quality, materials, environment, inventory.
- The ability to work closely with all areas within the facility and out, and maintain what is needed for compiling all aspects for total customer satisfaction.
- Must be willing to be available 24/5 to keep all machinery scheduled and utilize the most cost effective know how.
- Must have good business judgment,
- Flexibility to make split second decisions as needed.
- Work closely with all department areas and be a knowledge source for such areas with diplomacy. Result oriented and promote customer satisfaction.
- Operational experience, people oriented, and be able to make decisions which is in the best interest of overall performance and satisfaction.
- Able to maintain the trust and performance of personnel on the manufacturing floor.
Evergreen Packaging may require satisfactory completion of certain job based assessments which candidates would be required to successfully complete in order to qualify for the position.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Evergreen Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.