Job Type: Full-time
Location: Plant City, FL
Post Date: 1/1/1970
- Review, revise, and update environmental and safety policies, programs, training manuals and materials, environmental calendars, the safety training matrix, Industrial Hygiene, Key Element Survey, Safety Key Element Survey, related corrective action plans, etc.
- Complete log information, submit reports, and ensure compliance for OSHA, Workers Compensation Administrators, federal, state, and local government agencies as well as Corporate EHS within specified deadlines.
- Conduct annual safety training and new team member orientation, administer EHS Competency tests, communicate to all team members about safety, and assist with maintaining OSHA VPP star status.
- Track water, air, and waste use/discharge, renew permits, monitor permissible limits and conduct sampling and inspections.
- Conduct and maintain records for the Hearing Conservation Program, schedule and/or conduct hearing tests and annual physicals, and monitor the progress of injured team members.
- Conduct safety and environmental evaluations of new equipment, chemicals, and incoming materials, complete and update MSDS books/systems and Chemical Inventory Lists, and order safety supplies.
- Assist with incident investigations. Including evaluations of corrective actions and follow through / tracking of corrective actions to completion.
- Actively participate in safety teams, act as the facilitator for the SBS team, and monitor weekly/monthly progress on the safe behavioral observations process.
- Maintain organized files in accordance with government regulations and the Corporate Records Retention Policy.
- Attend training as required by OSHA, other government agencies, and Corporate EHS.
- Update Lead Team on safety and environmental development and regulations and provide all other support to the EHS Team Leader as needed.
- Coordinate EHS Lead Team meetings with required agenda and internal reporting information.
- Coordinating and managing the transportation of waste streams, both hazardous and non-hazardous.
- Other duties as assigned.
Specific Safety Responsibilities:
- Report any unsafe conditions that are encountered.
- Report any injury or near miss to Team Leader immediately.
- Do not perform a duty that appears to be unsafe without consulting a Team Leader.
- Recognize hazards of the job and learn how to avoid them.
- Follow BJAs and SOPs.
- Observe all Safety Rules.
- Wear safety equipment and protective devices as required: steel-toe shoes, hearing protection, cut-gloves, harness, etc.
- Keep work area clean and uncluttered.
- Conduct safe behavior observation on a weekly basis, 4 a month are required.
Specific SQF Responsibilities:
- Adhere to the Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) policy.
- Every Evergreen team member has a responsibility for ensuring the products we produce are safe and of good quality.
- Personally act with behaviors consistent with achieving and maintaining Safe Quality Foods certification.
- Behavior in the facility, and on equipment, shall not compromise the food safety goals.
- Follow responsibilities for this job description on make ready, start up, or change over/line clearance procedure.
- Do not run unsafe product.
- Support the goal of producing a food safe product by following all programs, policies, SOPs as well as GMPs.
- Report and/or fix problem that creates a Food Safety Hazard.
- Place suspect product on precautionary hold.
- High school diploma or GED required
- Enviromental, Health and/or Safety experience preferred
- Normally works an 8 hour shift but may work more hours as needed.
- Sit 5-8 hours a day.
- Perform daily walkthrough of the plant. Requires the ability to walk on even and uneven planes, up and down stairs as needed.
- Lifting up to 30lbs frequently.
- Lift items from floor to knees, knees to waist, waist to shoulders, shoulders to shelf.
- Transferring items from shelf to shoulders, shoulders to waist and waist to knees, knees to floor.
- Turn while lifting or carrying items up to 25lbs from cart or shelf, shelf to cart, floor to cart, floor to shelf occasionally.
- The team member is required to be able to perform the above tasks, with or without reasonable accommodation.
Evergreen Packaging may require satisfactory completion of certain job based assessments which candidates would be required to successfully complete in order to qualify for the position.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Evergreen Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.