Job Type: Full-time
Location: Plant City, FL
Post Date: 1/1/1970
Sit Down Forklift Experience Required!
24/5 operations with rotating shifts
- Works to ensure that the supply of materials will remain continuous so that the production process is not halted and the demands of our customers are met.
- Supply OSI with skids.
- Loads skids onto Press. Removes skids and transfers to OSII or staging area.
- Use RF gun to track WIP.
- Other duties as assigned.
Specific Safety Responsibilities:
- Report any unsafe conditions that are encountered.
- Report any injury or near miss to Team Leader immediately.
- Do not perform a duty that appears to be unsafe without consulting a Team Leader.
- Recognize hazards of the job and learn how to avoid them.
- Follow BJAs and SOPs.
- Observe all Safety Rules.
- Wear safety equipment and protective devices as required: steel-toe shoes, hearing protection, cut-gloves, harness, etc.
- Keep work area clean and uncluttered.
- Conduct safe behavior observation on a weekly basis, 4 a month are required.
Specific Functional Responsibilities:
- Climbing off and on forklift (height of 3 feet)
- Looking over shoulder to right and left while reversing or driving backwards with load
- Operate right handed operating controls (little pressure required but frequent grabbing of controls
- Sitting on forklift for 8 to 12 hours
- Changing battery (max 3116 lbs) (using hoist) may require some upper body control of swinging battery (abs and shoulders)
- Looking up to 45 degrees tilting neck back when pulling orders, and putting pallet in racks
- Going up and down stairs
- Driving over ramps and dock plates - some jarring to back
- Going up and down ramps with forklift
- Tagging pallets -placing tickets on pallets , reaching over shoulder height (about 6ft vertical)
- The team member is required to be able to perform the above tasks, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- High School diploma/GED
- Mechanical skills and abilities
- Manufacturing experience preferred
- Ability to sit 8 hours a day
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs frequently
- Must be able to wear protective equipment as required.
- Able and willing to work rotating swing shift
Evergreen Packaging may require satisfactory completion of certain job based assessments which candidates would be required to successfully complete in order to qualify for the position.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Evergreen Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.