Fiber Procurement Manager
Job Type: Full-time
Location: Canton, NC
Post Date: 7/16/2018
The Canton Fiber Procurement Manager reports directly to the GEC Fiber Procurement Category Manager and is responsible to execute a wood procurement strategy consistent with the goals and needs of the business and to maximize the value provided by the Pine Bluff Fiber Procurement team. This position is responsible for procurement activities associated with the nearly 2.0 million combined tons of roundwood pulpwood and purchased wood chips consumed by the Canton Mill annually.
- Execute strategies to grow the value of the Canton Fiber Procurement Team as an asset to the organization, shareholders and investors
- Provide tactical direction to control/reduce costs and provide fiber & waste fuel supply security
- Communicate and collaborate with Mill Executive team and participate in regular Operations and Finance meetings
- Work closely with Mill Operations teams to meet needs and address any fiber issues
- Maximize logistical efficiencies and advantages while minimizing supply chain risk
- Negotiate all local fiber & fuel supply and non-supply agreements.
- Manage Canton sustainability initiatives for fiber procurement and delivery
- Participate in the development of annual budgets for fiber and fuel
- Maintain various daily/weekly/monthly forecasts and financial reports
- Manage mill fiber deliveries to ensure operating inventories are maintained
- Maximize performance of direct reports
- Use experience to identify and quickly address fiber quality and wood delivery volume issues
- Optimize the value of the 300,000 tons of wood yard inventory storage capacity while minimizing the impact to working capital
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in a forestry and wood procurement role
- BS/BA level of education is required
- Extensive historical knowledge of the local and regional wood basket strongly preferred
- Advanced level skills in MS Excel and ERP systems – SAP preferred
- Experience with ALDATA fiber supply management software products a plus
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Evergreen Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.