Job Type: Full-time
Location: Canton, NC
Post Date: 7/18/2018
The successful employee will be responsible for environmental, health, and safety programs and compliance for the Canton and Waynesville Operations facilities. Act as a liaison between the mill and the community to promote the facilities contributions to the area. Direct and influence site EHS leadership to ensure regulatory and company compliance, achieve continuous performance improvement, and integrate EHS performance objectives into standard work processes. Develop strategies to achieve these goals in alignment with the site business goals and values. Assist all operations managers in understanding compliance measures and assist directly when needed.
Specific Job Activities:
- Ensure division Environmental permits are up adequate and properly implemented.
- Monitor all operation to identify, predict and control environmental performance so that all permit conditions are maintained.
- Drive a Target Zero culture for Environment, Health and Safety
- Direct and support local EHS staff activities to ensure compliance and drive personal ownership and accountability.
- Coach site operational leaders to be visible EHS advocates in areas of responsibility.
- Be visible with local regulators and legislators to be on the leading edge of pending regulations and able to give constructive feedback.
- Implement and/or drive corporate EHS strategy at the site operations level.
- Audit facilities and systems to identify improvement opportunities and provide assistance in reaching goals and objectives.
- Assist in completion of any regulatory submissions, notifications, etc. required to maintain compliance with federal, state, and local EHS requirements.
- Navigate pending and proposed regulations and position the facility to be in compliance with the least impact to the facility.
- Evaluate performance trends and provide feedback and assistance in correcting deviations.
- Interpret data and observations to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements and industry guidelines and advising management accordingly.
- Maintaining the Company's Safety plan and safety programs in a manner consistent with Federal, State and Company guidelines.
- Lead the development and ensure delivery of company EHS policies and procedures.
- Monitor regulatory climate and develop guidance for site operations on impact of new regulations.
- Assist in the development of location EHS representatives and employee teams.
- Coordinate insurance company activities and scheduling with facilities.
- Effectively utilize resources to promote and improve facility performance and education.
- Maintaining working knowledge of the new technologies developed by the industry and government regulators.
- Conducts routine safety inspections to control occupational hazards.
- Maintain membership with local manufacturing and environmental organizations.
- Maintains accurate documentation and required records.
- Tracks effectiveness of Company safety and environmental programs and adjust
- Acts as a liaison with State, Federal and Local agencies on EHS issues.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Environmental or Health and Safety or closely related field.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in an EH&S role within a manufacturing environment.
- Demonstrates understanding and application of environmental, health, safety and worker compensation programs.
- Energetic and dynamic with excellent presentation and communication skills.
- Comfortable and proficient at speaking in front of a group.
- Problem solving skills
- Ability to motivate, train and delegate responsibility
- Ability to lead, build consensus and work within a team environment
- Initiate and manage change
- Strong leadership and change leadership skills
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Evergreen Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.