Sr. Procurement Forester
Job Type: Full-time
Location: Canton, NC
Post Date: 1/1/1970
This position serves as the primary manager accountable for wood procurement in Upstate South Carolina and surrounding areas for Evergreen Packaging’s Canton, NC pulp and paper mill and reports to the Evergreen Packaging Wood Category Manager.
Procurement and Operational Functions:
- Procurement of pine and hardwood roundwood pulpwood
- Weekly wood order management and supplier scheduling
- Monitoring of supplier compliance, contracts, and business relationships
- Monitoring of product delivery and system management
- Product reporting and performance metric tracking
- Management of certification systems and compliance for associated chip mill(s)
- Representation of Evergreen Packaging to regional forestry associations and trade organizations
- Budgeting and forecasting financial performance of wood procurement and sales
- Developing procurement and sales strategies associated chip mill(s)
- Sales of wastefuel and bark produced at associated chip mill(s) to outside customers
- Sales of chips produced to outside customers
Accounting Support Functions:
- Assist with accounting requirements associated with the wood procurement process, and provide administrative support to include:
- Ticket Reconciliation
- Contract Management
- Purchase Order Management
- Quality Control of Inventory Transactions
- Reconciliation of Exception Reports
Forest Certification Support Functions:
- Monitoring Chain of Custody (COC) and other credit tracking and compliance
- Preparation for Certification Audits
- Field audits for producer and supplier compliance to certification standards
- Field forestry support for private landowners enrolled in certification programs
Wood Quality Support Functions:
- Sample roundwood and wood chips to ensure chip quality
- Complete roundwood and chip specification compliance audits
- Complete roundwood and chip quality reporting
- Attend paper mill management meetings to report on wood quality
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Forestry or similar Natural Resource program is required
- Master’s Degree in Forestry or Business is preferred
Skills and Requirements:
- 3 to 5 five years of applicable experience is required, which may include experience gained through internships or co-ops.
- Candidates should possess or have the ability to acquire Registered Forester status in South Carolina within a 24 month period.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Evergreen Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.