Job Type: Full-time
Location: Plant City, FL
Post Date: 7/27/2018
The Maintenance Technician at Evergreen Packaging Plant City is responsible for maintaining, troubleshooting, and repairing manufacturing and facility equipment. The Maintenance Technician must have excellent mechanical and electrical skills and be able to troubleshoot PLC controlled printing and packaging equipment utilizing a laptop computer. A minimum of three to five-years experience is needed in the maintenance field with manufacturing experience preferred. The Maintenance Technician is a team player with good communication skills and able to interact with all areas of the facility in a team environment, and committed to excellence.
- Answer calls and repair broken equipment.
- Complete Work Orders.
- Perform PM on sealers, presses and plant equipment.
- Order/receive/rebuild/repair/inventory parts.
- Manage project to reduce downtime/waste/costs.
- Deal with vendors and contractors.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum High School diploma/GED
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in maintenance.
- Machining skills (work on a mill, lath, grinder, saw, drill, etc.)
- Welding experience (tig, stick)
- Proficient at reading/interpreting blue prints and schematics (electrical, mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic)
- Plumbing skills (threading, soldering joints, etc.)
- Basic understanding, troubleshooting and experience with Mechanical Systems (gears, pulleys, chains, belts, shafts, industrial gear boxes, water pumps, air compressors, HVAC experience A+)
- Basic understanding, troubleshooting and experience with Electrical Systems (AC circuits-motors and drives, DC circuits-motors and drives, 480 Volts 3 phase, transformers, control power, relays)
- Basic understanding, troubleshooting and experience with Pneumatic Systems (valves, controls, pressure, flow, cylinders)
- Basic understanding, troubleshooting and experience with Hydraulic Systems (valves, controls, pressure, flow, cylinders)
- Basic understanding, troubleshooting and experience with Electronic Systems (controls, ladder logic, PLC programming, C programming A+)
- Good attendance and work ethic.
- Ability to work independently and prioritize work.
- Ability to stand 8 hours a day.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs frequently.
- Must be able to wear protective equipment as required.
- Able and willing to work rotating swing shift, overtime, and occasional weekends.
Evergreen Packaging may require satisfactory completion of certain job based assessments which candidates would be required to successfully complete in order to qualify for the position.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Evergreen Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.