Coated Line Manager
Job Type: Full-time
Location: Pine Bluff, AR
Post Date: 1/1/1970
Evergreen Packaging is currently recruiting for a Coated Line Manager for our Pine Bluff, Arkansas Paper Mill. The successful candidate will have leadership responsibility for manufacturing the highest quality coated paper products in a safe, environmentally committed, and cost efficient manner. This position will work to enhance the overall performance of the department and the mill.
Evergreen Packaging’s Paper Mill in Pine Bluff, AR has been in operation since 1958 and employs 952 Team Members. The Pine Bluff Mill has the World’s largest gable top liquid packaging paper board machine with a capacity of almost 500,000 tons per year. The Mill is located 40 miles south of Little Rock and 70 miles east of Hot Springs.
We are looking for the very best professionals to join our team and help build our business.
A Day in the Life of an Evergreen Packaging Leader will Typically Require the Coated Line Manager to:
- facilitate a culture of safety and environmental excellence through critical hazard identification, risk reduction and risk mitigation.
- focus efforts around creating a safety culture that promotes engagement, participation and accountability.
- maintain the efforts in the Environmental arena to meet all compliance requirements and strive for consistent and improved performance on all operating parameters.
- work with Front Line Leaders to coach, train and develop team members.
- provide operational leadership and technical support for manufacturing processes by troubleshooting and problem solving situations to achieve reliability goals.
- lead Teams in the identification, development, evaluation and implementation of initiatives and projects that add the highest value to the operation and drive continuous improvement.
- coordinate the planning process for scheduled outages.
- develop and illuminate effective processes and procedures that promote reliable and efficient operations.
- manage and balance competing priorities, while achieving positive results in the areas of safety, quality, productivity, cost and employee relations.
What You Will Need for Success:
- Undergraduate Degree
- A minimum of five (5) years of experience in a paper manufacturing environment managing the operation of a fine paper machine line inclusive of coaters, supercalenders, and production winders.
- Candidates should understand how offset and rotogravure coatings are constructed, delivered and applied.
- Experience with coated paper quality attributes and customer expectations.
- Strong troubleshooting skills with the ability to access risk and determine the path forward to minimize business impact.
- Demonstrated ability to lead people and get results through others by developing working relationships with all levels of the organization
- Strong business management principles and excellent leadership skills, including supervisory responsibilities
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to convey a compelling vision and sense of core purpose
- Strong team player
- Basic knowledge of SAP, PI, or other business operating systems
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access
What Will Put You Ahead?
- Chemical Engineering, Pulp & Paper, and Mechanical Engineering Degree
- Three (3) or more years of prior leadership experience
- Experience with training and certification programs
- Experience with manufacturing excellence principles and processes
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Evergreen Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.