Job Type: Full-time
Location: Kalamazoo, MI
Post Date: 1/1/1970
Installs and repairs electrical systems, apparatus, and electrical and electronic components of industrial machinery and equipment, following electrical code, manuals, schematic diagrams, blueprints, and other specifications, using hand tools, power tools, and electrical and electronic test equipment.
- Must be able to successfully pass the Mechanical and Electrical skill assessment
- Use computer to check status of jobs/electrical repairs that need to be completed
- Inspect electrical malfunctions, using testing instrument, manuals, guides, & blueprints, etc.
- Repair and/or perform preventative maintenance of equipment & electrical circuits
- Help with maintenance & mechanical repairs.
- Make & weld brackets using hand tools
- Connect power supply wires to machines and equipment, and connect cables and wires between machines and equipment, following manuals, schematic diagrams, and blueprints, using hand tools and test equipment
- Connect wires to circuit breakers, transformers, or other components
- Diagnose malfunctioning apparatus, such as transformers, motors, and lighting fixtures, using test equipment, and replaces damaged or broken wires and cables, using hand tools
- Tests malfunctioning machinery, using test equipment, and discusses malfunction with other maintenance workers
- Use a variety of tools or equipment, such as power construction equipment, measuring devices, power tools, and testing equipment
- Inspect electrical systems, equipment, or components to identify hazards, defects, or the need for adjustment or repair, and to ensure compliance with codes
- Prepare sketches or follow blueprints to determine the location of wiring or equipment and to ensure conformance to building and safety codes
- Diagnose malfunctioning systems, apparatus, or components, using test equipment and hand tools to locate the cause of a breakdown and correct the problem
- Work from ladders, scaffolds, or roofs to install, maintain, or repair electrical wiring, equipment, machines, etc.
- Advise management on whether continued operation of equipment could be hazardous
- Maintain and/or pursuing current electrician's certification identification card to meet governmental regulations
- Install and repair electrical systems, apparatus, and electrical and electronic components of industrial machinery and equipment.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Evergreen Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.