Job Type: Full-time
Location: Waynesville, NC
Post Date: 8/27/2018
The primary duties of this job are to support maintenance crew members, implement both capital and budget projects, and drive E/I reliability. Keep updated programs on file for all plc controls and programs, etc. Work with other electrical and mechanical project engineers on capital projects. Assist Electricians in drive and control trouble shooting. Gauge reliability measures and implement changes as needed. Maintain and implement computers, servers, and other network devices and software utilized within the facility.
- Manage, direct, and/or co-ordinate all electrical and instrument projects within area.
- Keep up to date records on all PLC programs in the area of responsibility.
- Co-ordinate with others for maintenance outages and project implementation.
- Work with and manage contractors.
- Provide technical assistance as needed.
- Order parts and supplies required by projects, etc.
- Work with the maintenance supervisor to ensure all maintenance employees are trained and knowledgeable and adhere to mill safety policies and regulations.
- Stay current with new drive and control technologies through self-study, hands on, and
- Understand industry standard practices concerning reliability techniques.
- BS degree in Engineering, preferably Electrical Engineering
- 5-7 years of relevant experience
- Minimum of 5 years of experience, Heavy Industry a plus
- Leadership: a demonstrated ability to lead people and get results through others
- Supervisory skills
- Ability to balance and achieve positive results in the areas of safety, quality, productivity, cost and employee relations
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities
- Strong team player
- Knowledge of production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture of product
- Knowledge of business and management principles
- Basic knowledge of Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) Systems, specifically SAP is desired
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word and AutoCAD
- Must have above average troubleshooting skills
- Need to be willing to document all aspects of daily operation
Preferred Experience Sought:
- Allen-Bradley Drives and Control Systems
- Knowledge of Extrusion Coating
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Evergreen Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.