General Manager - Arkansas Operations
Job Type: Full-time
Location: Pine Bluff, AR
Post Date: 1/1/1970
We are currently seeking a General Manager for our large paper mill located in Pine Bluff, AR. This role will be responsible for all aspects of leading the team to produce and deliver quality paper and paperboard with safe and efficient operations.
Essential Job Function/Responsibilities:
- Lead the mill to deliver a target zero safety culture.
- Manage workforce of approximately 1000 employees in a large, complex manufacturing facility.
- Manage and develop the leaders within all business units with the goal of building bench strength to achieve our business goals.
- Advance Manufacturing Excellence activities/initiatives which will involve lean and six sigma methods.
- Partner with and support the New Product Development group which includes trials for new products and/or improvements to current products.
- Ensure a quality product while maintaining and improving quality processes and systems.
- Manage employee and labor relations in a unionized environment with fair and consistent application of the rules. Lead by example in adhering to and executing all company policies and procedures.
- Oversee and manage all operations and responsibilities in accordance with corporate financial policies and control procedures.
- Direct and coordinate financial and budget activities to fund operations, maximize investments and increase efficiencies.
- Manage cost control for all P&L items.
- Develop and execute strategic capital investments.
- Support supply chain efforts and adhere to all policies ensuring proper purchase and supply processes.
- Acts as mill spokesperson in public and media relations.
- Must have a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree or higher in an Engineering Discipline, Paper Science or related industry.
- Must have a minimum of 10 years of experience leading large teams as a business unit/operations manager in heavy industrial manufacturing. Paper Mill experience will first be considered.
- Must have experience with business and management principles including strategic planning, budgeting, planning and executing operational and capital improvements, resources allocations, workforce planning/modeling, etc.
- Experience executing talent management programs/procedures/principles of recruitments, selection, retention, training, labor relations and negotiations, etc.
- Knowledge of economic and accounting principles and practices.
Competencies of the successful candidate:
- Strong leadership skills
- Builds effective teams
- Strong communication skills – verbal and written
- Strategic mindset
- Organized with ability to manage competing priorities
- Drives and delivers results
- Drives vision and purpose
- Customer focused
- Interpersonal savvy
- Ethical and trustworthy
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Evergreen Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.