Operations & Maintenance Coordinator - Power & Recovery
Job Type: Full-time
Location: Pine Bluff, AR
Post Date: 9/27/2018
Responsible for shift production, safety, quality, maintenance coordination, & environmental compliance for the entire power and recovery area including: primary water treatment, boiler water treatment, boiler, bark boiler, 3 recovery boilers, 2 sets of evaporators, air, water and steam systems, bark handling system. Supervise up to 15 hourly employees per shift.
- Manages hourly employees on achieving daily performance requirements in all power and recovery areas.
- Manage absenteeism & fill vacancies. Manage vacations & personal holidays. Delegate discipline as needed.
- Responsible for safety systems & performance in all power and recovery areas.
- Responsible for environmental compliance in all power and recovery areas.
- Responsible for production in all power and recovery areas, including minimizing downtime, and communicating issues appropriately.
- Understands the process as described below in Technical Skill section. Uses process knowledge to quickly troubleshoot process as problems occur.
- Works closely with backshift mechanic to prioritize work.
- Manages costs to effectively make sound decisions.
- Manage business using department goals.
Minimum of ten years of production experience in a power and recovery area, BA/BS level of education and other related equivalent work experience with demonstrated leadership skills. Some supervisory experience is preferred which may be reduced if candidate has a degree in either pulp & paper or engineering.
- Must have an undergraduate degree. A degree in Engineering or Pulp & Paper Science is preferred.
- A demonstrated commitment to safety.
- Working knowledge of water treatment, power and recovery boilers, evaporators and steam electrical systems.
- Strong analytical, trouble shooting and decision making skills.
- A team player with a positive attitude that will continuously pursue strategies to ensure safety and quality and build rapport with the operating crews. The desire to teach, coach, mentor and promote the success of a dynamic, goal oriented and fast paced environment.
- Strong organizational skills; the ability to prioritize, maintain attention to detail and recognize time constraints.
Proficient with MS Word, Excel and CMMS programs.
- Previous team lead or supervisory experience is preferred.
- Chemical recovery boiler experience preferred.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Evergreen Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.