EHS Engineer - Waste and Water
Job Type: Full-time
Location: Canton, NC
Post Date: 1/1/1970
Assist in managing the all environmental, health and safety systems to continuously improve operations, to effectively support mill operations, meet environmental, health and safety requirements, and provide process control auditing and testing that meets our operations needs in a safe and cost effective manner.
- Provide regulatory support to the EHS Department
- Fulfill regulatory requirement as a Grade IV Waste Water Treatment Licensed Operator and be the Primary or Back-up ORC of the Waste Water Treatment Plant to ensure environmental, health, and safety guidelines set forth by the State of North Carolina and Evergreen Packaging are met.
- Ensure that all regulatory sampling, testing, quality assurance, and record keeping requirements are met.
- Ensure all employees are knowledgeable of and adhere to mill safety policies and regulations.
- Participate in the development, implementation, and management of the capital plan, maintenance plan, and annual operating plan. Reviewing financial data on a monthly basis to ensure spending targets are met.
- Participate in the purchase of or acquisition of new equipment.
- Assist in all aspects of the EHS Department.
- Preferred B.S. Degree in Environmental Studies or Natural Sciences
- North Carolina Grade III or IV Biological Wastewater Treatment Plant Operator Certification.
- Ability to firmly, yet positively, lead hourly workforce toward a total safety culture (TargetZero).
- Administer discipline as necessary.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to balance and achieve positive results in areas of quality, productivity, and cost.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Must have a valid NC driver’s license.
Evergreen Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed,
age, national origin, physical or mental disability, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.