Job Type: Full-time
Location: Pine Bluff, AR
Post Date: 10/24/2018
Purpose Statement: Responsible for Safety, environmental, production, quality, maintenance coordination, & process improvements for a 700,000 ton chipmill. Supervise and direct production and maintenance workers to produce quality wood chips for use in the paper making process. In addition, supervise up to 34 nonunion salaried non-exempt employees (woodyard technician) at the Pine Bluff Chip Mill.
Reports to: Wood Procurement Chipmill Coordinato
· Manages woodyard shift person & woodyard technicians on achieving daily performance requirements at the Woodyard.
· Responsible for safety systems & performance in Woodyard.
· Responsible for environmental compliance in Woodyard.
· Uses process knowledge to quickly troubleshoot process as problems occur.
· Prioritize & schedule maintenance activities, both daily, weekly & for periodic scheduled outages.
· Manages costs by tracking costs against plan.
· Provides input into projected plans. Conducts cost analysis with the use of cost factors to effectively make sound decisions as well as identifying gaps.
· Facilitates the setting of objectives and strategies along with daily tactical planning, budgeting and workforce requirements.
· Ensure all mobile and stationary equipment is operational for daily production demands.
· Manage resources to maintain low truck turn-around times.
· Manage effectively the 300,000 tons wet storage area at the Woodyard.
· Conduct daily, weekly and or monthly employee training.
Communications: Clearly demonstrates excellent verbal, written, and listening skills to promote a clear expression of ideas in writing using good grammatical form. Has the ability to actively listen and provide feedback to others.
Conflict Resolution: Professionally resolves conflicts/disagreements in such a way to promote a win-win situation with the parties involved. Understands that based on the variety of experiences and values of the work group, differences will arise but is very sensitive to the feelings of others as resolutions are collectively developed.
Genuinely possesses intent to foster the learning and development of work group members while promoting the creation of a high performance team. Able to lead work group toward an objective or goal while encouraging and empowering the work group to make decisions regarding flow of work through specified area. Understands one’s influence on the work group, and provides direction to work group to insure requirements are consistently met for the work area/facility. Motivates work group towards goal achievement by insuring that work group understands how their work fits into the entire production flow of the facility and by providing continuous feedback.
Technical: Strongly demonstrates a technical understanding of the entire chip mill process. Working knowledge of: Precision chippers, Prentice loaders, Circle Cranes, Mack and Peterbilt trucks, Barko Loaders, Slasher saws, JLGs, Volvo Loaders, tractors, Hammer Hogs, chip and bark bins, conveyors and radial stack out belts.
Coaching/Counseling: Ethically develops a positive working environment promoting open and honest communication and trust among work group members. Understands in order to provide continuous feedback to work group members, specific behaviors must be described in detail. Listens with the intent to understand the situation, shows empathy, and can express feelings in a very professional manner without offending work group members. Ensures production standards and policies are adhered to and counsels work group members, in partnership with union leadership, accordingly should deviations exist
Problem Solving: Routinely analyzes situations to re-organize parts of problem in different ways, makes systematic comparisons of different problematic aspects and rationalizes time sequences with casual & non-casual relationships in order to generate solutions. Trains and leads work group in problem solving activities.
Change Orientation: Collaboratively adapts to and work in a variety of situations to support the competing organizational requirements. Appreciates new and different perspectives and has the willingness to align one’s own behavior with the needs, priorities, and goals of Evergreen Packaging.
Planning: Effectively forecasts future production/operational demands and to insure a plan of action is developed to support the attainment of organizational goals that involves assessing capabilities, identifying resources, setting and prioritizing objectives, and determining critical paths. Ensures resources are available for work group to produce on-time, quality work.
Five to seven years of supervision experience with a willingness to continue education, or B.A./B.S. level of education, or other related equivalent work experience with demonstrated leadership skills.
· Desire and capability to work in manufacturing for a long-term career
· Prefer hands-on assignments. Expect to spend 75% of time in the mill.
· Exhibit excellent interpersonal & communications skills
· Highly self-motivated, but able to work with teams
· Above average computer skills (MS Office, PI, Proficy, SAP, Kronos, etc.)
· Willingness to teach and train others
· Proven leadership skills
· Good interpersonal & communications skills
· Positive attitude toward workplace safety
· Strong time management skills
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Evergreen Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer - D/F/M/V
Video: Join Our Team