Job Type: Full-time
Location: Canton, NC
Post Date: 11/7/2018
The Inventory Planner position will be responsible for pro-actively managing the inventory in the Canton Mill, overflow warehouse, and outside warehousing. This covers many areas of inventory management in an effort to minimize inventory holding costs, maintain a high standard of inventory accuracy. Communication is vital to the inventory control position. This person will be working with production planning, demand and inventory planning, customer service, warehousing and distribution, and transportation planning to ensure decisions are well-informed of the impact on the whole supply chain in order to deliver results.
This position is also responsible for the management of handling damage and transit claims for the Canton Mill and Waynesville Plant. The EZ Claim process involves the review and processing of claims from Customers, filing claims with the transportation providers, and the pursuit of remediation for those claims.
· Support Evergreen Packaging safety initiatives.
· Active engagement with customer service and sales in management of generic and customer stocking programs.
· Manages and control finished goods and in-process inventory levels. Responsible for warehouse capacity analysis/inventory stocking policy. Advises and recommends changes to management based upon daily signals from disruptions.
· Support the outside warehousing program for the Canton Mill and Waynesville Plant. Communicate the requirements of the program to sales, outside warehouses, customers and management. Maintain complete inventory and billing records for these outside warehouses.
· Coordinate the procedures around job lot and broke bidding and sales.
· Support the outside converting program for the Canton Mill and Waynesville Plant.
· Participates in specific business projects as needed.
· Participate and support departmental Manufacturing Excellence initiatives.
· Assist as a backup within the Inventory and Planning group
· Manages and controls EZ Claim Quality Transit/Handling damage program for Canton Mill and Waynesville Plant.
· B.S/B.A degree from a four-year accredited college or university required
· 3-5 years working experience in an inventory type role, manufacturing planner experience preferred
· Previous experience in Supply Chain, Forecasting, or Replenishment
· Excellent interpersonal (both verbal and written) skills across various levels of the organization
· Ability to work alone or in a team environment
· Strong problem solving skills
· Knowledge of inventory best practices and procedures
· Knowledge of Optivision desired
· Ability to manage multiple tasks proficiently
· Ability to handle high-visibility or sensitive information
· Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Applications (Word,Excel,Access,etc..)
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Video: Join Our Team