Job Type: Full-time
Location: Plant City, FL
Post Date: 1/1/1970
1. Follows job production schedule by using the Production Sheet to verify accuracy and records on Makeready Checklist.
2. Prepares next print job by checking production schedule for project #, picking up plates from staging area, checking each plate for color codes and plate codes, and completing Make Ready Check List and verifying correct board grade from Docket sheet.
3. Assists with changeovers by removing all printing plates, cleaning and replacing printing plates.
4. Loads paper onto press and recording time of splice onto Roll Sheet.
5. Manually splices rolls occasionally, hand cutting, and taping rolls together at any part of equipment.
6. Monitors and cleans ink on impression cylinders by using alcohol and rag, and manually turn the cylinder to clean off ink.
7. Monitors bar codes on cartons by using scanner to verify UPC code is printed properly.
8. Monitors running roll for defects and alignment while hanging new roll. Report any defects to Quality.
9. Performs abhesive checks.
10. Performs quality checks at start-up and every hour by checking functions and completing Quality Check Sheet to include date, time, Skid #, board issues, fold & dips, ink drips, varnish, adhesive, scum, UPC code, Cut to Scores, etc.
11. Prints WIP label from WIP tracking system.
12. Prepares completed Skids by covering in plastic sheet and attaching skid label.
13. Prepares print units by cleaning blankets and hanging plates for new jobs.
14. Troubleshoots cartons kicked out of register by catching manually, reviewing for issues, discarding cartons, and notifying crew leader/operator.
15. Maintains area cleanliness.
16. Performs frequent visual checks on printed cartons by pulling several cartons from each stream and checking for color bars, abhesive, defects, scum, color variation, and laminate in seal areas.
17. Performs preventive maintenance on equipment by cleaning and scraping using solvents and tools.
18. Other duties as assigned.
This job is considered Safety Sensitive under Policies and Procedures for Evergreen Packaging, and its affiliates, including substance abuse testing in compliance with federal and state laws.
1. Standing 8-12 hours per shift on concrete
2. Lifting up to 30lbs on occasion when hand and waste stacking most to all of the shift
3. Turning while carrying 30lbs about 40 times per shift
4. Stretching to max width 40” to tear tape 30 times a shift
5. Moving 30 rolls per shift with ergo roll movers
6. Kneeling on hard concrete surface to splice web, occasionally for 10 minute periods
7. Pushing a 30 lb. load five times per shift
8. Placing up to 30lbs load to floor level five times per shift
9. Lifting up to 30lbs load from floor level five times per shift
10. Moving wooden pallets 30 lb. by hand
11. Ascending and descending from a vertical ladders up to 15 feet from ground to platform
12. Crouching for 2-5 min. up to 15 times per shift cleaning blankets in a lateral motion
13. Stooping to pick up two objects every 7-10 min at rollstand (3 lb. cores)
14. Pulling hand pallet jacks with loads of up to 1500 lb.
15. Sweeping cutting motion from 5 feet to floor level (golfers lift position)
16. Cutting across 38” roll with retractable knife 60 times per shift
17. Rolling 2000lbs, 5 feet diameter rolls onto an air pallet and positioning onto rollstand chucks
18. Reaching above head to pull web about 10lbs of force required.
19. Mopping/sweeping daily
20. Stretching arms up to 40” pulling downward to set up splice 25 times per shift 15lb force.
21. Bending to floor level and folding kraft wrap, picking up and placing in baler 30 times per shift
22. Removing core plugs with metal hand pole with ramming force
23. Emptying trash cans into compactor up to 50lbs.
24. Moving 55 gallon drums with drum dolly once per month
25. Push 100lb cart up ramp
26. The team member is required to be able to perform the above tasks, with or without reasonable accommodation.
Evergreen Packaging may require satisfactory completion of certain job based assessments which candidates would be required to successfully complete in order to qualify for the position.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Evergreen Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Video: Join Our Team