Quality Assurance Manager
Job Type: Full-time
Location: Pine Bluff, AR
Post Date: 1/1/1970
Reporting to the Manufacturing Excellence Business Unit Manager, this position is responsible for providing leadership and management in all areas of the Quality Assurance department and facilitates relationships in the sales arena. This role is accountable for department goals relating to Safety, Quality, Cost, Environmental Compliance, Production, and providing customer support through complaint resolution, direct contact with conferencing, and coordination of customer visits. The Quality Assurance Manager is responsible for the performance of the lab personnel assigned to the area, including the Engineers, Supervisors, and the hourly Employees on the shift. The ideal candidate will be technically oriented, detailed in approach, work well with people at all levels in the organization, and promotable to management positions in the company after building background and experience in our business.
Specific Job Duties:
- Directly accountable for the performance of the area and the Employees attached to the area in meeting goals for Safety, Quality, Cost, Environmental Compliance, and Production. Must be able to work with a minimum of supervision and make decisions to meet daily production needs.
- Monitors and manages the development of the Employees in the area.
- Responsible for setting direction, identifying priorities, coordinating the activities of other departments as it relates to the area performance, and managing the operating budget for the area.
- Addresses issues impacting performance expeditiously getting outside resources involved as needed.
- Communicates to all levels of the organization as needed and participates with Area Managers from other areas of the mill to coordinate activities.
- Administers policy and procedure within legal guidelines. Coaches work group to adapt to new ways of performing work to include understanding of legal ramifications of our policies, government regulations, safety standards, and consistently adhering to and administering policy and procedures.
- Manage costs by tracking costs using monthly reports. Provide input into projected plans. Conduct cost analysis. Use cost factors to effectively make sound decisions as well as identifying gaps.
- Schedules work for the daily activities of the work groups to maximize available resources.
- Ability to adapt to a variety of conditions and technical challenges.
- Ability to build and manage a budget and schedule.
- Good communication & computer skills in Microsoft Office. PI, Elixir, and other programs are a benefit.
- Proven leadership skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to work well with individuals at all levels of the organization in a team setting.
- Organized approach to work and ability to deal with multiple competing priorities to make appropriate decisions.
- Able to convey a sense of urgency and drive to perform to the organization.
- Undergraduate Degree required from a State Board of Regents Accredited University and 5-7 professional work experience in Leadership/Supervisory role.
- Technical degree that has application to the paper industry (Preferred).
- Experience managing people in a union environment (Preferred).
- High leadership potential with the ability and the desire to be promoted in the organization.
Evergreen Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.