Business Unit Manager - Power and Recovery
Job Type: Full-time
Location: Pine Bluff, AR
Post Date: 1/1/1970
Lead the Power and Recovery operations to produce the highest quality products in a safe, environmentally committed, cost efficient manner. Lead the department organizational business development and enhance the overall performance of the department and the mill by being an effective member of the department and mill management teams for the continued success of Pine Bluff Mill.
- Lead the department safety efforts by creating a safe work environment in which employees can perform their job tasks at minimum risks. Utilize efforts and systems such as the safety work order system and accountability process to create improved performance.
- Maintain the efforts in the Environmental arena to meet all compliance requirements and strive for consistent and improved performance on all operating parameters.
- Manage the operational efforts of the production groups to support the department and mill operational goals to provide quality products with minimum variability in specifications and supply.
- Manage cost of manufacturing by improving equipment reliability through resource group commitment, structuring capital spending to manage preservation and return projects, managing overtime costs, developing committed supply partners and cost structures, and improving the process in the mill for optimum performance.
- Continuously build, strengthen and improve leadership, education, empowerment and dedication of the employees and of the organization to meet the needs of the department, the Pine Bluff mill in support of the organizations objectives through people and training systems.
Special Knowledge, Skills and Training:
- Demonstrated ability to lead people and achieve desired results
- Strong communication skills
- Strong business and management principles
- Ability to access risk and determine the path forward to minimize business impact
- Be able to multi task on an ongoing basis
- Be able to develop working relationships with all levels of the organization
- Be able to form, participate on and lead team efforts
- Have technical knowledge of the operating areas and processes
- Models and inspires trust, integrity, and ethical behavior at all times
- Responds resourcefully and constructively to demands, challenges, and obstacles while seeking feedback from others to enhance performance
- Able to probe past problems to determine underlying causes and chose best alternative based on pros, cons, timing and available resources
- Able to align departmental goals and strategic priorities with the direction of Evergreen Packaging’s priorities and strategic goals
- Can identify key financial indicators using quantitative information. Use the gathered date to build realistic budgets
- Create an environment that encourages innovation and risk taking while leveraging fresh ideas to create value
- Understands global market positions, opportunities, capabilities, and competitive threats and can effectively build strategic plans that take in account other cultures differences.
- Able to hold people accountable for achieving their goals while delegating and monitoring assignments
- Challenges “the way it has always been done” mentality while taking a well-reasoned stand on important issues
- Cultivates networks throughout the organization to garner support and create a foundation for future influence
- Undergraduate Degree required, with preference in Chemical Engineering, Pulp & Paper, Mechanical Engineering or Process Engineering.
- 3-5 years’ experience in a Leadership/Supervisor role is preferred.
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years paper mill experience is strongly preferred.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Evergreen Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.