Area Manager - Maintenance
Job Type: Full-time
Location: Canton, NC
Post Date: 12/17/2018
The Area Manager, Maintenance leads the efforts to safely and efficiently operate a specific area of the Maintenance Department in support of a fully integrated, complex, kraft pulp and paper manufacturing process. The ideal candidate will be technically oriented, a strong environmental steward who works well with people at all levels in the organization, and is an individual who is promotable to higher management positions within the organization.
This position is a senior leader in the organization with accountability for strategic and forward thinking skills that will contribute to the overall performance in the Maintenance department as well as the Canton Mill operations.
The primary duties of the Area Manager of Maintenance are:
- Support area electrical maintenance, directly manage a salaried workforce with indirect oversight for hourly unionized employees and direct budget management.
- This role will have an accountability to update processes relating to PLC controls and programs as well as maintain PLC updates.
- Gauge reliability measures and implement changes as needed.
- Direct accountability to coordinate maintenance outages and project implementation within Department.
- Responsibility for all transformer and switch gear maintenance in assigned area.
- Accountability to obtain repair parts for contractors when working on cost plus jobs.
- Must have strong troubleshooting skills in order to provide technical assistance as needed to address technical and mechanical issues related to Mill equipment.
- Responsible for timekeeping, vacation scheduling, and other duties as assigned in the absence of the Maintenance Supervisor. Build, develop and strengthen through leadership, education and empowerment of Maintenance resources to meet safety, repair and cost goals of the Maintenance department and the Canton Mill.
- Ensure all employees are knowledgeable of and adhere to mill safety policies and regulations.
- Promote a safety culture and administer accountability for unsafe behaviors.
- Responsible for effective employee relations and provide coaching and training for the Maintenance hourly employees when filling in for the supervisor.
- Accountable for daily management of Mill resources, performance management, as well as positive and productive employee and labor relations.
- Accountability for understand industry standard practices concerning reliability techniques.
- Accountability for managing the PdMa, Hot Spot, and ultrasonic programs.
- Leadership: a demonstrated ability to lead people and get results through others.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Strong team player.
- Basic knowledge of Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) Systems, specifically SAP.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Need to be willing to document all aspects of daily operation.
- Strong working knowledge and management of Paper Mill Operations, specifically in regard to the Pulp Mill.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering, preferably Mechanical Engineering.
- 10 years of relevant experience with a minimum of 5 years of manufacturing experience in a unionized work environment.
- Minimum of 5 to 7 years of experience as a manager of a salaried workforce.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Evergreen Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.