Process Control Engineer
Job Type: Full-time
Location: Canton, NC
Post Date: 1/1/1970
A successful candidate will possess and utilize a host of skills, practices and procedures that are germane to the field of process control engineering. These would include, but are not limited to the implementation, optimization, and troubleshooting of the control systems that are in place, assisting in defining objectives, scope of work and priorities and to be responsible for conducting projects through to completion. The position would also include assisting in the development and implementation of process and process control improvement recommendations.
- Maintains system integrity (reliability, availability). This includes daily interaction with and coordination between mill production and E & I personnel and outside computer system vendors. This would include, but is not limited to, the validation and maintaining of the optimal tuning and performance levels of control loops within a specific process area.
- Works towards the implementation of process computer and control system enhancements of both a hardware and a software nature.
- Maintains proper and accurate documentation of process computer and control systems.
- Assists in defining objectives, scope of work and priorities and is responsible for doing or overseeing the work to its completion.
- May function as an independent agent, a project team member or as a project team leader or coordinator.
- Frequently renders technical support, advice and counsel.
- The work is usually aimed at product and process problem solving and/or improvements, cost reduction and profitability improvement.
- Work to advance the effectiveness of and maintain the PI (Plant Information) system.
Special Knowledge Skills:
- Teamwork: ability to work with other to get results and find solutions
- Knowledge of production processes
- Chemical, Mechanical, Thermodynamic and Electrical basic knowledge of process operations.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities
- Must have at least a B.S. Degree in either Pulp & Paper Science (Technology), Chemical Engineering, Chemistry or Mechanical Engineering or the equivalent in formal technical degree plus experience.
- Pulp and Paper Industry experience desired (with B.S. degree).
- Demonstrated organizational skills.
- Demonstrated problem-solving abilities.
- Demonstrated fully effective (or better) performance
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Evergreen Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.