Process Control Engineer - May Graduates - Apply Today Start Your Career at Graduation
Job Type: Full-time
Location: Canton, NC
Post Date: 1/1/1970
This position is part of a team at this mill that is responsible for the availability and functionality of the process control systems for an assigned section of the plant. The engineers on this team implement and maintain all functions of the control systems for the process to achieve availability, cost and functionality goals.
- Provide technical expertise to maintain and improve control system performance for a process area.
- Implement and maintain all functions of the Distributed Control Systems and other control systems for the process area.
- Control loop performance analysis, loop tuning and optimization, control system design, configuration, and documentation.
- Support the maintenance department in troubleshooting and correcting instrumentation and/or control problems.
- Work in conjunction with production, maintenance, and engineering in the development and implementation of new control strategies.
- Participate in call rotation for mill wide Process Control systems.
- Routine reporting will be required against plans and targets, as well as special reports for non-typical events.
- Manage the environmental, safety and health elements needed to meet subject facility policy and targets.
- Sound base of knowledge in process controls
- Ability to demonstrate good technical savvy in configuration, implementation, and maintenance of control systems.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills which are demonstrated in personal work history.
- BS - Engineering degree. BS IT degree with process control experience will be considered.
- Ability to work well and collaborate effectively with a broad set of people regardless of position level or skill set.
- Strong drive and ability to adapt and overcome challenges in order to meet targets.
- A strong aptitude for continued learning and personal growth will be a requirement.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Evergreen Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.