Job Type: Full-time
Location: Canton, NC
Post Date: 1/1/1970
General Job Activities:
Reconciles all product shipments to ensure that everything shipped is invoiced or accounted for, prints and distributes via mail or electronically on a daily basis, and is responsible for all miscellaneous invoicing. Responsible for proper account coding, and review for proper spending authority for mill Purchasing Cards. Acts as sole payroll processer for Canton/Waynesville bi-weekly, and processes interim paychecks alternate weeks. Performs various administrative duties as assigned.
Specific Job Activities:
- Process customer invoices daily. Check for accuracy. Prepare for mailing. Match shipping papers with invoices daily and communicate discrepancies to product services (i.e. shipping). Prepare export invoice documentation and email to forwarding company.
- HSBC Procurement Card coordinator. Coordinates receipts, maintains documentation and enters coding into online system.
- Acts as payroll processer and back-up for payroll analyst. This includes hourly payroll processing, timekeeping and paycheck distribution functions.
- Assists payroll analyst with audit of timekeeping edits, and assists/trains supervisors with use of Kronos.
- Issues requests for payments of employee payroll deductions and interim pay requests.
- Processes by-product shipment invoicing. Ensures that all by-product customer shipments are invoiced. Works with Pulp Mill Administrative Assistant and By-Product Sales Coordinator to resolve any issues.
- Processes all miscellaneous billings. Makes journal entries to account for the receivable. Communicates the receivable to cash management.
- Assists other team members across the department to meet work requirements, deadlines and other duties as assigned. Orders office supplies as needed. Copies and distributes financial reports as required.
- Must have minimum of two year associates degree with minimum of six hours of accounting courses or equivalent accounting experience.
- Accuracy in work is essential requiring strong math skills and the ability to work with numbers.
- Good problem solving skills and judgment to resolve problems that can affect multiple systems such as invoicing, general ledger, and Excel spreadsheets. Must be able to apply knowledge to make decisions with sound basis and act on those decisions. Problems can have substantial direct impact to the Canton Mill,
- Must be able to manage a heavy workload and changing priorities with little direct supervision.
- Strong communication skills due to extensive interaction with Salaried Mill Employees, Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, Corporate, and Mill Managers. Must be a team player. Team skills are required to meet daily changing workloads and priorities to accomplish team goals and objectives.
- Computer Skills: SAP Financial Systems, Optivision. PC Skills - Understanding of hardware and software to independently and efficiently create and change documents. Efficient use of common word-processing packages. High proficiency in the use of Excel. Not only the ability to update Excel worksheets, but the abilities to independently create new worksheets.
- Experience with Kronos Timekeeping, SAP and ADP Workforce preferred.
Evergreen Packaging may require satisfactory completion of certain job based assessments which candidates would be required to successfully complete in order to qualify for the position.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Evergreen Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.