Job Type: Full-time
Location: Olmsted Falls, OH
Post Date: 2/15/2019
General Job Activities:
The position is for a Maintenance Electrician classification. To be eligible, candidates for this position are expected to have demonstrated proficiency in the operation, troubleshooting, and repair of electrical equipment. Candidates must pass the Evergreen Electrical skill qualification (Ramsey) tests for eligibility.
Position requires candidate to provide their own tools and tool box.
Specific Job Activities / Skills:
· Demonstrated proficiency in the following electrical skills:
o Concepts of electricity including: voltage, current, resistance, Ohm's Law, transformers and capacitors
o Wiring s electrical/system schematic understanding to component level isolation and evaluation
o Electrical troubleshooting and fault isolation including all voltages and load testing. Must be able to troubleshoot branch circuits, basic control circuits, single and three phase circuits including low voltage control
o Distinguish differences between AC and DC circuits. Knowledgeable in flow of AC current. Understand single and three phase systems.
o Understand breakers, use of other current limiting devices.
o Knowledge and use of tools associated with electrical system testing/repair including voltmeters, amp meters, oscilloscopes, megometers & power supplies
o Change and re-wire all AC/DC motors, drives, relays and other basic electrical components including 3-phase 480V
o Diagnose and repair Servo and Stepper drives, instrumentation, transformers and transducers
o Diagnose and repair hydraulic/pneumatic controls
o Basic PLC troubleshooting
· Run conduit, replace electrical appliances, meet OSHA/NEC standards
· Other duties as assigned or required
Qualifications / Training:
· Ability to read and understand all required equipment instructions and repair manuals
· Journeyman Card or equivalent Certification required
· Understand purpose of NEC
· Excellent applied Math Skills
· 5 years manufacturing experience
· Good interpersonal and communication skills as well as planning/organizational skills
· AA degree Industrial Electronics/Electronic Technology degree or equivalent experience preferred
· Basic computer skills including database and spreadsheets required
· Ability to research parts and equipment, compare performance characteristics and determine
replacement part or component specifications
· Strong Preventative Maintenance techniques such as failure mode identification
Preferred Specific Skills / Training include:
· Firm understanding with the ability to access, troubleshoot, modify and build programs using RS Logix, PLC 5, Siemens S5/S7
· Allen Bradley Panel View Plus 1000 and 700
· Bosch/Rexroth Indramat Drive Systems
· Reliance Maxpax DC Drives
· DH+, 485 and Ethernet communications
· NFPA70 Knowledge and training
· Able to design & install control circuits
· Robotic system troubleshooting and control (Fanuc, Motoman, ABB)
· Web tension and web guide control systems
· Red Lion Counters
· Experience with web based printing presses
· Experience with packaging finishing machines
· SQL Server 2008 R2 and later including SQL Server Reporting Services.
· C#.NET framework 4.0 and later
· ASP.NET/Web Services
· Keen understanding of database architectures, network protocols, structured programming
techniques and systems development methodologies
· Familiarity with industrial communications scheme experience EI RS232, RS485, modBus, etc
· Vision System experience
· Basic AutoCAD
· VFD replacement & programming of parameters
· HMI communication and programming
· Diagnose and repair compressed air systems
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Evergreen Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Video: Join Our Team