Job Type: Full-time
Location: Canton, NC
Post Date: 3/13/2019
This position understands, implements, optimize, and troubleshoot control systems that are in place at the Canton Mill. This position is also responsible for analyzing variability trends of key control indices and communication of these trends to management and appropriate production team members with the goal of maintaining system controls and product quality at optimum levels. This position will implement new control systems and strategies that will improve operations and reduce process/product quality variation.
• Support operators who use various control systems by helping them with user issues
• Provide training in new systems and strategies that are implemented
• Continual training update to the control systems
• Will participate in on the job and off-site training opportunities in order to improve knowledge and understanding of control systems
Special Knowledge, Skills and Training
• Knowledge of the paper production process.
• Knowledge of process control elements and strategies.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
• Team player attitude that recognizes the need for and seeks inter-departmental cooperation.
• Strong analytical and trouble-shooting ability.
• Good working knowledge of computers and software tools that assist in job performance, such as Microsoft Windows, Excel, Word, Lotus Notes, and others.
• Relatable experience in working with and managing vendors who assist in control system maintenance. (Internships/Cooperative opportunities considered)
• Organized approach to work and ability to deal with multiple competing priorities to make appropriate decisions.
• Able to convey a sense of urgency and drive to perform to the organization.
• BA/BS degree from an accredited institution or equivalent experience in a like or similar position or a combination of relevant experience through internships, cooperative opportunities and relevant education
Evergreen Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed,
age, national origin, physical or mental disability, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Video: Join Our Team