Job Type: Full-time
Location: Canton, NC
Post Date: 3/13/2019
The Logistics Coordinator and load planning leader will be responsible for the coordination and pro-active management and forward deployment of material from the Canton Mill in an effort to provide product to the customer in the most efficient, timely, and cost effective manner. They will assist PS&D leadership in supporting and executing the coordination of all transportation modes, leveling outbound traffic, reducing wait time and detention/demurrage charges, forecasting and ordering of railcars, and performing supporting analysis/analytics to support key transportation decisions.
- Determine transportation modes for shipments in an effort to reduce total logistics costs while satisfying due date requirements for each shipment.
- Perform systematic transportation planning of customer orders.
- Manage day-to-day loading schedules and identify opportunities for level loading throughout the 7 – day work week.
- Develop railcar forecast and manage the outbound flow of rail to meet customer requirements while reducing demurrage charges.
- Coordination/planning with the mill for railcar traffic.
- Work with customer service, third party transportation services, and carriers to manage service recovery for late and mis-shipped loads.
- Enforce customer segmentation transportation levels of service to protect key accounts from service delays and prioritize load management.
- Act as a liaison between third party transportation service provider and customer service team to resolve transportation-related issues.
- Work with PS&D inventory management team to actively manage the forward deployment of inventory.
- B.S/B.A degree from a four-year accredited college or university required
- 5+ years working experience in a logistics or distribution type role, manufacturing experience preferred
- Previous experience in Supply Chain, Forecasting, or Replenishment
- Excellent interpersonal (both verbal and written) skills across various levels of the organization
- Ability to work alone or in a team environment
- Strong problem solving skills
- Knowledge of inventory best practices and procedures
- Knowledge of Optivision desired
- Ability to manage multiple tasks proficiently
- Ability to handle high-visibility or sensitive information
- Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Applications (Word,Excel,Access,etc..)
Evergreen Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed,
age, national origin, physical or mental disability, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.