Job Type: Full-time
Location: Kalamazoo, MI
Post Date: 1/1/1970
- Provide leadership that supports the workplace culture improvement process throughout the workforce and coordinate changes in methods and procedures to improve profitability and operational performance.
- Work “on the process” as well as “in the process” to drive continuous improvement in safety, quality, waste, throughput and earnings.
- Manage budgetary spending. Track and control spending for operating supplies and facility labor spend. Use effective leadership to develop entrepreneurial culture across the entire organization.
- Lead and support the Operations Team to ensure high performance in safety, quality, waste, utilization and costs.
- Strategic participation in maximization of equipment throughput, preventative maintenance, equipment rebuilds, and process improvement.
- Promote and support training and certification of all employees to enhance career goals, retention and performance improvement.
- Advance Manufacturing Excellence activities/initiatives which will involve lean and Six Sigma methods.
What you will need to succeed….
- Bachelor’s Degree, Mechanical Engineering preferred
- 10 years of experience leading large teams as a business unit/operations manager in industrial manufacturing.
- Organizational design, LEAN and business planning skills
- Computer literate in operational systems
- Strong leadership skills
- Ability to motivate, train and delegate responsibility
- Strong communication skills – verbal and written
- Strategic mindset
- Organized with ability to manage competing priorities
- Problem solving skills Drives and delivers results
- Drives vision and purpose
- Customer focused
- Initiate and manage change
- Ethical and trustworthy
What we have to offer….
- Comprehensive benefits package, to include medical, dental, vision, company defined contribution, 401K company match, life Insurance and short term disability.
- Company culture built upon integrity, respect, accountability and excellence.
- A commitment to sustainability not only in our production processes, but also in our work environment.
- A collaborative and energetic environment.
Evergreen Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.