Job Type: Full-time
Location: Canton, NC
Post Date: 1/1/1970
This position will manage and lead the resources on shift to meet safety, environmental, production, quality and cost goals of the Recovery & Utilities department and the Canton Mill. They will also manage, direct and coordinate the activities of employees engaged in production on assigned shift to meet production goals. Responsible for meeting production goals by balancing quality, productivity, performance, cost, safety, environmental, and morale to achieve positive results in all areas. Ensure all employees are knowledgeable of and adhere to mill safety policies and regulations. Will provide coaching and development to employees while resolving employee issues through problem resolution. Ensure hourly employees have proper training and tools to meet department. Tracking and development of temporary and permanent set up documentation and seniority lists for department. Work with other departments, shifts, and direct reports to achieve team attitude among crew and peers. Help in preparing weekly schedules for posting each week. Initiate and follow up work orders in SAP to provide communication to maintenance department of mechanical and E&I issues.
Specific Job Activities:
· Leadership: a demonstrated ability to lead and mentor people and get results through others.
· Strong supervisory skills
· Teamwork: ability to work with other to get results and find solutions
· Ability to balance and achieve positive results in the areas of safety, quality, productivity, cost and employee relations.
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
· Ability to manage multiple priorities.
· Knowledge of production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture of product
· Knowledge of business and management principles
· Basic knowledge of SAP system
· Must have above average troubleshooting skills
· Need to be willing to document all aspects of daily operation.
· Working knowledge of lime kilns, turbine generators, recovery boilers, and power boilers.
· Must have an understanding of the safety and environmental obligations of the Recovery area.
Special Knowledge Skills
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Evergreen Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.
Video: Join Our Team