Job Type: Full-time
Location: Plant City, FL
Post Date: 4/26/2019
The Plant Engineer position provides support to the manufacturing operations by troubleshooting, developing processes to improve quality, cost, and efficiency. Researches the purchase and installation of new equipment as well as upgrades to existing equipment. Develops, and documents procedures used to assemble, process, test and/or manufacture of the company’s products.
Role within Facility
- Manage a team of employees: Tool and Die technicians (3), Tool and Die Coordinator (1), Project Coordinator (1), with the objective to efficiently meet the needs of the facility.
- Direct, review, or approve project design changes.
- Plan and establish sequence of operations to fabricate and assemble parts or products and to promote efficient utilization.
- Manage tooling budget and track spending to ensure alignment to the budget.
- Work with Tool and Die supplier to develop new package configuration.
- Provide engineering support for all areas of the facility.
- Define and communicate what is expected of the tool & die technicians and outside vendors, provide required resources, tools/equipment, and technical training to meet the facility goals.
- Prepare budgets.
- Review, recommend, or approve contracts or cost estimates.
- Develop or implement policies, standards, or procedures for engineering and technical work.
- Continuously improve the effectiveness of the preventative maintenance program with an objective of cost reduction, quality, total customer satisfaction, and meeting SQF system requirements.
- Support the maintenance and area managers on maintaining the plant’s documentation on equipment and parts drawings used by the offline (cutting & creasing) and maintenance parts inventory teams.
- Maintain an effective process improvement schedule on existing equipment.
- Monitor down time and production reports for recurring problems, and meet with team members/leaders to complete a root cause analysis, work together to implement the correct solution.
- Analyze production costs, cost saving methods, and the effects of design changes on expenditures.
- Coordinate and implement quality control objectives, activities, or procedures to resolve production problems, maximize product reliability, or minimize costs:
- Ensure that team completes all training requirements.
- Complete performance evaluations for direct reports.
- Assist in annual verification of area SOPs
- Participate in the yearly HACCP
Education, Skills and/or Experience Required:
- 4 year degree in Mechanical, Industrial or Manufacturing Engineering, Engineering Paper Science, or related field and/or equivalent experience. Technical Undergraduate Degree preferred.
- 5 years relevant experience.
- Proficient user of AutoCad.
- Communication, interpersonal and problem solving skills
- Computer literate in company systems
- Communication and interpersonal skills
- Problem solving skills
- Ability to motivate, train and delegate responsibility
- Ability to lead, build consensus and work within a team environment
- Initiate and manage change
- Familiarity with the SQF Code
- This position requires proven engineering and leadership experience in a manufacturing environment aimed at total customer satisfaction.
- This person should be familiar with appropriate measurements relating to safety, production, quality, materials, inventory, and financial reports to accurately assess the operations and track improvements.
- This position also requires knowledge of work methods and the standard cost system. Conceptual, analytical problem solving with strong organizational skills, and flexibility to deal with rapid change is a must.
- This person should be self-confident, assertive, principled, disciplined, direct when necessary and diplomatic when required, with a sense of humor and empathy for plant personnel in personal circumstances.
- This person should be results oriented and promote a winning attitude toward customer satisfaction, operational excellence and people development.
- Technical knowledge in the gable top manufacturing process is essential in developing and maintaining the technical training, preventative maintenance program and process improvement designs needed for continuous improvement
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Evergreen Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.