Job Type: Full-time
Location: Cedar Rapids, IA
Post Date: 1/1/1970
Responsibilities and duties for wide range of categories within Evergreen Packaging Equipment Finance department include but are not limited to the following:
- Primary responsibility for sales tax management (return preparation, return filing, tax collection/remittance, exemption certificates, etc.) for the North American Packaging organization including new machines, maintenance parts, service, cartons, and spouts for all US states/territories and Canadian provenances.
- Ensure new equipment sales contract files contain all necessary documents, review contract terms and identify deviations from pre-approved standards
- Ensure revenue recognition timing is correct, prepare progress payment/milestone billing invoices, and payments are received when due
- Prepare amortization schedules for time sales when appropriate
- File UCC’s and get insurance certificates when needed
- Submit contracts and/or prepare business case summarizes for management approval in the corporate contract management system
- Monitor past due invoices and assist corporate shared services in collection
- Review past due balances, outstanding returned material requests, and recommend revenue recognition adjustments where appropriate.
Credit Card Payments
- Administer the equipment credit card program including setting up new cards, reporting actual activity, and filing annual compliance documents.
General Ledger Reconciliations
- Reconciles accounts receivable, sales tax, and payroll general ledger account balances to sub ledgers monthly
- Primary back up for payroll processing and accrual calculations/posting.
- Supports Cost Accounting Manager in conducting and reconciling sample cycle audits of work in process and storeroom inventory.
- Conducts audits as assigned and administers local finance policies/procedure documents.
- Supports revenue recognition testing, sales cutoff testing, and other requests as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance minimum, MBA preferred.
- Two - five years of experience in a manufacturing environment with experience in sales tax and general accounting and exposure to inventory management.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with experience interacting with customers
- Solid PC skills are necessary with heavy use of spreadsheet and database tools.
- SAP experience preferred.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Evergreen Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.